Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Transmission 5R55E slipping, OD blinking

the diagnosis... Just heard from the Ford dealer - it's the valve body gasket. WHEW! I was hoping that's what it was as opposed to a new transmission or rebuild. FYI - I live in northwestern Jersey and it's costing me $550 including labor. The only other price I saw on this board was around...
  2. J

2001 transmission rebuilt???

same problem I have an '01 Sport, 98k miles (we do the NJ-FL trip alot!). My OD light comes on blinking every so often after the transmission kind of slips or hesitates. It's going to the dealer next week - I told them ONLY run a diagnostics on the transmission. I have a guy to do that work...
  3. J

air bag dash light?

mine did that Took it to the dealer 2x and they couldn't find a problem, just reset it. Then after my accident, the body guy took it to find the problem and it was a short in the passenger side air bag (that's what they told me). Well, now the light has burned out and is replaced by a 'chime' -...
  4. J

CEL - O/D light blinking - cruise recall

About a week or so ago, I stopped and got gas on my way to work. On the way home, my CEL went on (not blinking). Read the manual and said to fill tank, etc. Did that, still came on. A friend of ours checked to see what code it was throwing. It was a 17 # - not sure what one, then he reset the...
Back