Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Two issues--HVAC and Steering

So, at 56k and ESP, couple of issues I've noticed for tempting fate (see my signature...) * Intermittently, the steering column lets off a plastic crunch/click noise. This happened once the other evening, and then was repeatable for about 5 minutes in a parking lot this afternoon. Couldn't...
  2. T

4WD 2.3L maintenance--50k

Hi, My ride is crossing about 2.5 years and 50k soon, and before I hit 60k I was thinking about hitting up the following maintenance items--anyone care to ballpark prices and call me out as crazy? -Change out transmission fluid -Change out PTU fluid (which is probably mud by now, mind you)...
  3. T

B-Pillar rubber pop/groan noise

Hi all, I need your help again. When braking sometimes, the b-pillar decides to make a pop or groan noise on the initial application. Sometimes you can get 2-3 pops in succession with increased braking. It does sound like it's trim noise inside of the cabin. I've pulled apart the b-pillar...
  4. T

Time for some options exploration...

No "Explorer" pun intended. The 2017 has gotten on my last nerve. It's barely got 26k on it (yes, I drive a lot), but keeps having quality issues. -A near full repaint took the car down for 3 weeks. -It gasses the passengers out of the car whenever I let off from a heavy/WOT start (only...
  5. T

Creak noise--RR or Tailgate

When turning, I get some annoying creaks from what sounds like interior trim plastic or glass. Appears to come from either right rear passenger door or tailgate area. I've torn apart the entire tailgate apart and isolated every possible noisemaker point, still have the issue. Also lubed...
  6. T

"Hard" brakes before start

For starters, I'll just say that the brakes have been checked by the dealer--all checked OK. Every so often, I will go into the car and it will have lost all of it's vacuum from the brakes--when I start to push the pedal down to start, hard as a rock. Vacuum immediately comes back without an...
  7. T

AGM (Absorbant Glass Mat) Battery Upgrade?

I'm seriously considering dropping in an AGM battery from EastPenn/Deka into the Explorer. I want to use my dashcam in parking mode more frequently without fear of the consequence of a deep discharge consequence. What does everyone think? Second, if I do go this route, is the charging...
  8. T

Ford Remote Access RMU --- Dark after 12/31?

Had a thought today as I've been catching up on some wireless industry news: ATT is planning to shut down their 2G GSM network at end of year, and as far as I know, T-Mobile long since has. Verizon is doing something similar with their CDMA infastructure, but not until 2019. I'm pretty sure...
  9. T

iPhone USB only works 10-15 minutes

Bizarre issue. If I restart my phone, USB works for 10-15 minutes then dies out. Reconnecting does nothing, but restarting the phone will give me 15 more minutes of USB bliss. Doesn't work in the Sync 3 Explorer with CarPlay, nor the Sync 3 Focus without CarPlay. Before anyone asks: -I've...
  10. T

EcoBoost 2.3L noise around 30 MPH when accel

Every so often I get this noise around 30 MPH under light-moderate acceleration--an extra high pitched buzz. I can also hear it when the car hits high RPMs such as on a WOT run. Any thoughts? Inevitably it will go to the dealer, but I want to rule out anything simple first.
Back