Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 8

What is the biggest lift for the explorer?

I had a coil with extended stock radius arms on my Bronco. The trac bar was the only problem. The guy who owned it before me never installed and adjustable one so the diff was pushed to the drivers side a few inches with a 5.5" lift. So I would need to find a solid axle D44 and a rear 9" from...
  2. 8

So do a full size SAS and a spring over axle in the rear. Where do kits come from for the SAS in the front or are they a custom setup. I only see pics of people that have done the swap.
  3. 8

Spring over seems easy to do on the rear. Just being able to match the front lift so the truck sits right and not nose down.
  4. 8

This is all good info guys. Thanks
  5. 8

Well I did have a 74 EB with a 351w and a D44 in the front. I broke an axle on the first trip out to play. But the EB axles are alot smaller than a FB Bronco from 78-79.
  6. 8

Cool. Thanks for the info guys We do alot of trail stuff then when we find a mud hole we usually try to see what we can do. We stay away from the rock crawling just because more damage occurs with that compared to mud. I like the idea of the gussets. I have a 95 F-150 with a Tuff Country...
  7. 8

Now are these kits good for offroad use? We just play arround and do alot of mud holes. SOA is spring over axle? Sounds like an easy lift to do.
  8. 8

I have searched on the internet and have come up with 2.5" or 4". Is there a 5.5" or 6" lift? Who makes it? Thanks
  9. 8

Dana 44 ttb in Explorer?

may be easier to swap the EX body on a Bronco/F-150 chassis. Then you get a V8 swap with a stronger drivetrain.
  10. 8

What size is the fan clutch nut?

I have a special tool at work for that fan nut...........a air hammer with a blunt bit.LOL
  11. 8

1991 Fuel pump Problem

X2 on the stuck relay.
  12. 8

4x4 Not Engaging...

Sounds like shift motor.Check by checking for power to the motor.But it could also be the switch so thats why I say check for power to the motor in 4 high and low.If you got them down to the connector at the shift motor.......then you know the problem.If no power then trace back to the switch.
  13. 8

lost kitty??

Well think of it as a way to extend trans life.....No cat next to the servo's......no more bad seals....Cheap 2 into 1 is easy to install.
  14. 8

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

Also mention that the F-150 coil seats are from a early 90's 2x4 not a 4x4.If you are scowering the junk yards.
  15. 8

Leaking major coolant. Head gasket?

Just for future reference,the core plug in the head is 1 1/2". Ford has a 1 1/2" block heater. I will see if this works and stops the leak.Could be a cheap alternative for a repair. ****UPDATE**** Ok, so it does work.If you have a leak comming from a core plug in the head of your 4.0L,a...
  16. 8

Leaking major coolant. Head gasket?

I am leaking from the frost plug on the r/s head at the rear too. There is a screw in rubber plug in there right now. I was thinking that I might be able to find a block heater core that will fit in there since it looks like I will have to pull the engine to replaced it with a hard plug. Has...
  17. 8

Clutch problems

Sounds like the slave cyl. The brakes and clutch do not run off of the same. They are seperate. Should be a small res just to the right of the brake booster and the master is below the brake master on the firewall that attatches to the clutch pedal braket inside the vehical.
  18. 8

Mercon or Mercon V

It will not hurt it if you put merc 5 in a merc only trans....but donot put merc/dex3 into a mercon 5 trans.
  19. 8

A4LD slips......

The A4LD slips a bit when first started and drivin. After you reach opperating temp it is fine....What am I looking at???Valve body gasket,modulator or rebuild with new seals????I am guessing hard seals till it gets warmed up.....Also, if I need to rebuild, should I install the Shift kit from...
  20. 8

Where do I find 4.10's for my Dana??

My 92 X has 3.27 gears in the diffs. I have a set of 4.10's for the rear but I don't know where to find some 4.10's for the Dana 35 in the front.Is this a specific 91-94 Explorer thing or can I use newer ranger front diff gears. I heard that they may be dana's too.
  21. 8

Measurments of WAR 153's

On that last pic Stic-O , did you have to disconnect the rear sway bar or did you do that for 4x4'n ???? I do alot of freeway driving and I don't want to loose the swaybar.
  22. 8

Measurments of WAR 153's

Does anyone know what size caster/camber shims off hand??
  23. 8

katrina flood Xplorer...

Man, that sounds sweet. I want to see pics. Don't hold out on us. Oh and keep the 351w carbed and put a massive 8-71 blower on it......That would look hot.
  24. 8

Has anyone done this to a First Gen???

Has anyone grabbed a 96 up Explorer with a 5.0L in it and removed the body (write off/accident vehical) and put a first gen body on the second gen frame????Will it bolt up???I would like to know for the fact of a roll over I know of with a straight frame.
Back