Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Maximum Traction Solution - 4th Gen Differential Tech

Case and Point on the Overland(ish) group: "Idc what anyone says about the 4th gen.. the challenge of building this thing with the complete lack of any aftermarket support, has been hell, but fun at the same time."
  2. O

Maximum Traction Solution - 4th Gen Differential Tech

You may find some answers in the 4th gen FB group or the overland(ish) explorers group. Seems to be some good guys on there that actually wheel the 4th gen. Ive done some mods to mine and have had some of the same question's as well. Done a little light wheeling too, nothing that has needed that...
  3. O

any major benefits of Rancho Quicklift over Spacers?

I bought my Rancho quick lifts and was having a hard time finding the backs too. I actually contacted rancho and they informed me that they had been discontinued. None of the employees at rancho could explain why, they all seem very confused by it. When I installed my rear ones I didn't see a...
  4. O

Yeah, No idea what he did with the rear. there was a picture of his EX lifted. But it just looked like any other lifted EX. No close ups of the lift or anything. He did say he had the BTF arms. Which I should probably do. :( What I am thinking is if you can bolt up F150 struts, then you...
  5. O

So this post was in the FB thread, and I have found it super interesting. Would love to see any details on this if anyone has done it or at a minimum see a write up. I may start this as its own thread. Using F150 struts on a 4th gen. :wtf:
  6. O

I have a set of quick lifts. They stop producing the rear ones just this past year. Jumped and over paid to get the last set I could find. (You might be out of luck in this regard.) Also added 32" LT General Grabber ATX's. Definitely have stiffened the ride up a bit. This year has been somewhat...
  7. O

Custom front metal winch bumper

Any reason in particular? I have been thinking about custom making a bumper or attempting to modify and existing bumper for different vehicle. They seem so common place these days. Why not on the explorer? Thoughts? Also my preference would be to bolt on a replacement front bumper.
  8. O

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Looks good!
  9. O

4th gen body lift is installed!!!!!!!

I'm with you Snooker. New pixs link pls!
  10. O

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled upon it and thought I would add my two cents: Just crossed 190K two days ago, this is last month
  11. O

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Wow! Looking great!
  12. O

Biggest A/T tire size on stock 17 inch rims for a 2006 Explorer?

What kind of drop in MPG did you see? Did you try to have your speedometer reprogrammed?
  13. O

4th Gen Suspension Upgrades / Recovery Points

Hey all, Posting this here, didn't get much traction in the last place I posted. Any help would be appreciated.
  14. O

4th Gen Suspension Upgrades / Recovery Points

Hey all, I have a 2007 XLT with 167K miles and climbing. I have been looking at turning my EX into a overland vehicle to run some pretty basic to moderate trails. That being said I have read quite a bit about the modifications people have done in the 4th gen forum. I have looked at the traxda...
Back