Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

loose tweeter 2013 explorer

I have removed the door panel to upgrade the speakers. I think the grill is part of the entire door panel, so you will have to remove the whole thing in order to fix any rattle. Unfortunately, if yours is the same is my 2016, the tweeter snaps into a round area in behind the grill and is held...
  2. T

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Well it was a couple of things. The bass is still better in the back seat, but I was able to bring it up some in the front. I'm used to using normal RCA outputs from the back of the head unit. This is my first experience with an external LOC. I had the bass boost up at +6db on my amp. Then when...
  3. T

Yeah, thats why I'm so stumped. The box I created is solid 3/4 MDF and is 0.36 cubic ft. Air tight, should be fine. The reviews for both the amp and the sub were great as well so I'm not entirely sure why I'm so underwhelmed. Its a mono amp so I cant have the crossover setup being that bad. I...
  4. T

Over the holiday I installed an NVX LOC (XFLOC 2), Alpine MRV-M250 (250 watt amp) and a Polk MM840 DVC 8" sub. I have it installed right behind the second row seating. It produces decent bass but only for the second row. I can barely make out an audible difference for my drivers seat :( I was...
  5. T

2016 Foglight Bulb Size...

Its not a new change, my 2016 XLT has them as well. They are included in the 202A package and above for 2016 models. However, I do not know the size, but they look great. Definitely a worthy purchase if you are thinking about it.
  6. T

How reliable are these cars?

Well I would say that for every person in here with a problem, there are many more who say how much they love their vehicle or simply don't post anything at all since there is nothing wrong. I would also suggest that you look around at all the other vehicles on the road as you leave work today...
  7. T

2016 Sport Audio up-grade (plus some)

Where did you end up mounting your crossover for the front doors? I'll be doing mine in about a week.
  8. T

2016 LED headlights in a 2015?

I have the LED package on my 2016 EX, but my sister has a 2013. I believe the headlights are the same from 2013 to 2015 and I have to second what everyone else says about the projector style lenses. It's not the same and can't really be replicated with LEDs. You could get and HID kit though...
  9. T

Diode dynamics or DDM ultra?

I had some DDM kits in old vehicles of mine. I had a set for the main lowbeams, a set for the fog lights and another set for the low beams on a second car. All were from DDM. The first set in the low beams in my main car lasted for about 8 years until I got rid of the car. They were still...
  10. T

2016 Sport Audio up-grade (plus some)

This is quite helpful, thanks. I just bought a 2016 XLT last month and the audio isnt where I want it to be. Will be upgrading all the door speakers first. Two questions: Do you have any pics of the tweeter install? And did you cover the large hole in door with anything besides sound...
Back