Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Running Rich Rough Idle pls HELP

Next purchase will be an electric car so I never have to deal with this BS ever again!
  2. L

One Side HID Not Working

I have a similar problem with my HID kit from The Retrofit Source (Morimoto 9005, 55w HID w/wire harness). When I first turn on the lights only one side (driver side) turns on. I have to turn the lights off and turn them back on and then the passenger light comes on. I've replaced both bulbs...
  3. L

PTU and Rear Diff Fluid Change - 2011 Explorer XLT

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Ecoboost (47k miles) and mine does have drain plug. I believe depending on the model some PTU's might or might not have drain plug. I was able to drain most of the fluid through the drain plug and used a fluid extractor that pulled maybe another 2-3 ounces...
  4. L

Running an OCC (Oil Catch Can) on the 3.5L Ecoboost

Instead of putting an OCC is there a way to have the PVC vent to atmosphere. I think this would solve a lot of problems...for "off-road" use.
  5. L

Resonator Removal on Sport

No I don't but but I can take some pics when I get my Explorer on a lift.
  6. L

Warning To All Ford Ecoboost Owners!

I thought about this mod to but I can't seem to find anybody that has done it or can provide any feedback on the pros/cons. I also thought about using a new product from CRC that supposed to clean air intake and turbos and if anybody has used it.
  7. L

Exhaust Options for the Sport

I agree with you on how mellow the Magnaflows sound. There's another video on YouTube with an Explorer and Flowmaster's.
  8. L

I removed the secondary cat and resonator and replaced it with a "cheap" 2.25" x-pipe from Amazon but left the rear mufflers and honestly the small bump in deep tone is very nice. Sorry I didn't upload a video or pictures. I've read mix reviews regarding the Gibson axle back exhaust system so...
  9. L

I think this is what you are talking about:
  10. L

Feel free to do want you want. I'm happy with the results.
  11. L

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003M2EPV8/ref=mp_s_a_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1505407552&sr=8-40&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=x+pipe+2.25 I must advise you that you might have to do some grinding on the inside to remove inside lip. Read through the reviews and you'll see the pictures of the inside...
  12. L

Ok, so I finally removed the secondary cat (basically hollow piece of pipe with a screen inside) and resonator and replaced with an x-pipe. There's definitely a subtly sound increase. There's no drone with the x-pipe installed and the start up sounds a lot nicer than before, Obviously, if you...
  13. L

How many catalytic converters on a Sport?

So, if it's not listed as a third cat what's its purpose? I'm thinking of removing the "third cat" and resonator and replacing with x-pipe. Thoughts?
  14. L

Did you replace your resonator with an x-pipe or just straight pipes?
  15. L

I think this setup is better than a replacing the resonator with straight pipes...thoughts?
  16. L

Has anybody considered removing the resonator and replacing it with the Flowmaster #425404 2.5" dual in/out: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/street-mufflers/425404-40-series-muffler-250-dual-in-250-dual-out-aggressive-sound/ Then cutting out the rear mufflers and replacing them with a...
  17. L

Did you install an x-pipe or h-pipe? Would that help with the drone?
  18. L

Lowering the Explorer

I was replying to the post Livernois posted, "Also helps gain some MPG at the same time"
  19. L

Lowering the Explorer

How much MPG would a tune help on a 2014 Explorer Sport?
  20. L

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

Has anyone tried the product below. Just curious if this is better than spending +$400 from Ford for the roof rack delete kit...
  21. L

I'm thinking of doing a similar mod but instead of an x-pipe I want to install a custom made h-pipe. Did your muffler guy give you any advice on installing an h-pipe. I've read that h-pipe give a car a more deeper muscle car sound.
  22. L

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. It sounds really nice when I first start it up but then it is so quiet. I want to give it small increase in the sound. I read numerous threads regarding the removal of the resonator. I read a lot stuff regarding removing resonators. Some people said it is bad...
  23. L

If you look at the Livernois website and look at their cat-back for the Ford Explorer it doesn't look like it has a resonator. I'm starting to wonder if it is a market strategy to get people to buy their products.
  24. L

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Well if you look at the livernois catback exhaust it doesn't have a resonator.
Back