Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Does Anyone Else Hate The Amber Headlight Housings?

How many miles did yours have? Have any problems with it? What do you have now? Got mine at 48K and immediately had leaking PTU and rear diff fixed under warranty. My USAA insurance went up $900 per year switching from 13 Xsport to 16 MKT. They told me Lincolns are one of the more expensive cars...
  2. G

Does Anyone Else Hate The Amber Headlight Housings?

I didn't change them out ever; just put black tint over the amber part of light. I changed rear lights with LED which caused rapid flash, so added resistors. I now have an MKT, and in forscan there is an option to cancel rapid flash; maybe could've done that on the Explorer too.
  3. G

Transmission Drain Plug Size? And Is It Magnetic?

I have located the part number 7T4Z7A010B and have called 2 dealerships but no one knows the diameter/pitch/length, nor whether it is magnetic.
  4. G

Transmission Drain Plug Size? And Is It Magnetic?

Can anyone confirm whether or not the oil drain plug and transmission drain plug are magnetic or not? As far as I'm aware they are not, and I intend to replace them with neodymium. Problem is I cannot for the life of me find the trans plug size. I do know the oil drain plug size is M12 x 1.75...
  5. G

Livernois tune experience

I get 14.4mpg. But I have to say, I do push it towards it's limit just about every day for the past 365 days. My previously tuned (not Livernois) Flex lasted only 6 months before transfer case fell apart and gear slippage. I am being diligent about using all synthetic fluids and detergent...
  6. G

(SOLVED)Trouble In Tuned Paradise (blinking check engine light)

I changed out the spark plugs and all is well in tuned paradise!
  7. G

LMS sent me some new v5 tunes to try. I have loaded the 93 3Bar tune and will test drive over the next few days. Next step they say is to replace the spark plugs: "The stock tune does not increase timing and boost pressure like the custom tunes would. So if the plugs are having issues when the...
  8. G

I went back to stock last night, and drove it all day today, and not once did the issue happen without the tune. I tried and tried and tried by coasting between 50-75mph and jamming the pedal to make it drop into lower gear; not once did it lag. I too had a large cloud of black smoke like the...
  9. G

Sounds like a plan. I did email LMS earlier too.
  10. G

Motorcraft SP534 is the pregapped .030 plug- found it on amazon EDIT- you beat me to it by 5 seconds peterk9!
  11. G

Haven't contacted LMS yet. Blinking CEL completely turns off immediately after I'm off the throttle, and only happened once, but I've noticed the issue (without any blinking or static CEL warning) 4 other times over the course of 3 weeks
  12. G

And which Motorcraft spark plugs come factory set at .030? I remember seeing this in my hours upon hours of research, but don't remember...
  13. G

The only DTCs the livernois tuner pulled were residuals I already knew about from a prior accident - U3003 (battery voltage) and C1B00 (steering angle sensor)
  14. G

I am experiencing sputtering/lagging when at higher gears and punching it. Happens around 50mph and even up in the 70mph range, when I'm in 5th and 6th gears and then go to punch it, where it has to drop down to lower gears for the hp, what happens is it just bogs out and sputters and then the...
  15. G

Your first guess was the correct guess! Found the tube that blew off, but not before oil splatted most of the engine compartment. Reclamped it, and checked/tightened all other hose clamps as well. Crisis averted!! Thanks for the help
  16. G

Well, day 1 and 2 were fun. Day 3 (today) I accelerated too hard I guess because all of a sudden "POP" then no boost power anymore. Now I'm limping around all day wondering when I can get it into the shop to see how much damage was done.
  17. G

I just flashed the Livernois 93boost tune with 3-bar map sensor, 160 tstat, .030 gapped plugs and MDesigns CAI. Took it for a spin and all seems well. Real fun to drive now! I've also changed all fluids to synthetic- oil, trans, rear diff, and extended life DexCool. All but PTU which will be...
  18. G

PTU Fluid

Perfect. Thank you guys. The shop said they can do this but I have to come back another day. About an hour and a half job.
  19. G

PTU Fluid

Well damn, it looks like the 2013 XSport does NOT have a drain plug. Found the fill plug but no drain plug. Can anyone confirm whether or not there is a drain plug? I'd really like to change out the fluid after having to replace a ptu on a tuned Flex once (it too did not have a drain plug). If...
  20. G

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Bonk! Forgot it was in the onboard vehicle settings. Thank you! Fresh transmission = fun
  21. G

Done! Thank you! That's mainly what I bought this for. That and the lowbeam DRL was successful too. I did somehow lose some info in my Trip 1 and 2 display, messing around with some forscan changes. It used to show from top to bottom: total miles, mpg, tank capacity, and time....now it only...
  22. G

I am using FORSCAN and would like to reset my transmission learn on 2013 XSport. Anyone know where in FORSCAN to perform this reset?
  23. G

Post Pics Of Your Tires (want to see what 275/45/20 on a Sport looks like)

I'm looking to go from stock tire size (on the Sport 20x9 rim) on my 2013 XSport to 275/45/20. I have H&R springs ready for install once my stock tires wear out. I'd like to see what they look like on our XSports before I purchase. Anyone have them that want to share?...
Back