Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Electronic Steering Control

The steering unit alone cannot be adjusted. It would be my assumption that something else is wrong that is causing your concern. The dealership should be able to return your vehicle to it's original configuration ie. assist at the level you remember it. You will need to be insistent that the...
  2. F

chasing misfires.... thinking egr valve??

R.T.F.B. Read The Ford Book Diagnostics start with understanding the way the system/s work correctly. Diagnostic by Forum/Committee is for people that don't spend the time to learn. Rant Over Do the due diligence to submit test results of things you have really tested
  3. F

2016 Explorer Throttle Body Problems

It's always good to see such trusting and positively motivated souls.... looks to me that dealer has an inside line to the parts warehouse
  4. F

Which Octane Fuel in 3.5 V6 Explorer ?

ethanol is an oxygenating additive that diffuses the tailpipe emissions to an EPA acceptable level.Yes it is sad the total power development is less and the caustic effects on the fuel system components is detrimental to longevity but federally mandated restrictions are met at consumer level...
  5. F

2016 Explorer Throttle Body Problems

Rainman73 be sure to buy the Ford ESP plan as the aftermarket plans do not cover near the component failure that Ford does. Most aftermarket companies will send out an adjustor to approve or deny the claim. The aftermarket companies are all about keeping their money and denying your coverage.
  6. F

2014 Ford Explorer - locate ac evaporator drain tube

Excellent descriptive Happy Hunting as well
  7. F

Flat tire, an observation...

So before I add anything to this thread, will it be about tire pressure or semantic description of driving wheels? smaller tire size of the "bicycle like spare tire" is read as different speeds by the ABS module and communicated over the network to allow the Vehicle Dynamics Module. This...
  8. F

These new engines are better than the older ones. The insulation does muffle the noises better. Variable valve timing and increased compression ratio will help mileage and performance. Direct injection also maximizes the volumetric efficiency to enhance all aspects of performance. One of the...
  9. F

marbles in a can by themselves are not noisey Knocking (also knock, detonation, spark knock, pinging or pinking) in spark-ignition internal combustion engines occurs when combustion of the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder does not start off correctly in response to ignition by the spark plug...
  10. F

Faulty 110v outlet?

Prohopper has done a fine job here. I also follow function over form.
  11. F

Rearview Camera Problems

the camera is intermittent because of one of two reasons. Either the camera itself is going bad or the connection of wiring is such that it needs attention. Some times wiring connectors will be loose or corroded to the point they need repair. Wiggle test wiring and connectors to find the suspect...
  12. F

2016 Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost "Chugging" on cold starts

Normally cold engine start up runs on open loop strategies. Catalytic converter temps during start up do not affect mixtures. There is some discussion across the markets about intake valve/runner deposits causing this anomaly. Normally this does not occur in vehicles with lower mileage. I would...
  13. F

Regular or Premium Gas

So when hotter air being less dense reduces the friction of airflow over the vehicle, it follows that the hotter air will flow better into the engine allowing better performance. Is that correct? I was under the impression that the hotter less dense air would not allow the air/fuel mixture to...
  14. F

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

If the pad lights up then it does have power. As Bobby has noted replacement of the pad did repair his. I am confident you will need more help to correctly identify the causal part. It may be wiring from the pad to the Body Control Module or it may in fact be the pad itself. I would offer my...
  15. F

Replacement Jack for 2016 Explorer

using a hydraulic jack from Harbor Freight will also work
  16. F

Platinum Rear End Appearance With Tow Hitch Cover Removed

Seriously?? you are concerned about what your behind looks like?
  17. F

12v Power Points Not Working

Not everyone carries around a multimeter as it appears your assumption imlpies
  18. F

Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Nothing like HiJacking a thread in the middle of a discussion
  19. F

12v Power Points Not Working

I too find it difficult to believe fuses are culprit. I did find two connectors for the rear harness that could be an issue. Inside the left kick panel are two loom connectors numbered 212 and 213 that may have some input as to faults. Realistically the same component that has concerns is the...
  20. F

Check Engine Flashing

Flashing Ck Eng light with misfire codes will disable the a/c compressor to prevent excessive damage as a result of misfires. That strategy is written into the PCM software P0301 P0305 would be misfire codes. EcoBoost engines need spark plugs changed sooner than the recommended interval due to...
  21. F

Check Engine Flashing

I concur with 613GT500 dealership technician training level leaves too much off the table. Find a dealer that will do the right thing and fix ur car.
  22. F

And there's more..... on the rt hand side is a opening control strap that needs to be released as well
  23. F

sorry but the pic i wanted did not load. simply remove the glove box by opening then depress the tabs on the sides to lower further to enable removal air filter securing fixture is behind the glove box about 1.5 x 4.5 inches laying horizontal in the case
  24. F

Any thoughts on why the 2017 2.3L 4x4 lost a MPG on HWY rating?

Excellent research and dissemination of information Peter. It's always nice to have leaders in place to maintain the created intentions of the mechanisms
Back