Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

That's fine lol. More parts for us in the junkyards. I might tear apart a bronco and plan a SAS...

That's fine lol. More parts for us in the junkyards. I might tear apart a bronco and plan a SAS in the future. First I want to get some bumpers and sliders welded up.
  2. A

Oh yeah I've seen him on some Facebook's pages I think. The white X that's hella lifted? It...

Oh yeah I've seen him on some Facebook's pages I think. The white X that's hella lifted? It rolled it over a while back. Didn't hurt anything to bad but dented the Driver Windshield pillar pretty bad.
  3. A

Finding EE Sway Bar or having a custom bent up?

I haven't gotten around to getting any Sway Bars yet. I just recently bought a 1982 280zx that has taken a chunk of attention and funds lol. In the long run I want paint it black and dark purple, redo the interior, and maybe drop a 351w in it. Might look into dropping a 8.8 or 9 inch after the...
  4. A

That's cool man! We the only two? There's a few nice X's down here so I'd be surprised if we were.

That's cool man! We the only two? There's a few nice X's down here so I'd be surprised if we were.
  5. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

I'll probably try that. I bought the type that's "supposed" to fail in the open position but being so cheap to fix it'd be hard not to do.
  6. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

While I have you guys here. Suddenly in the last two days my Z has developed a temperature fluctuation. On the way home today she wouldn't go below 200 and got up to about 233 at points. I drove lightly because of it but it usually stayed between 215-226. Way higher than the constant 194 it use...
  7. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

I'm okay with heavier. The stock OHV isn't exactly a race pony anyways lol
  8. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

I might go pull a 5.0 fan from my local Pull a Part. They have a 30 day return policy so worst case I could probably take it back. Hmmm. I wonder if you could put a clutch on a flex fan to stop it from flattening out as often. I'll let you know when I get around to trying something.
  9. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

No one with definitive info? I'm sure the plastic can last a fair while longer, I just want to replace it as to avoid any issue.
  10. A

March EF Lottery

The only "decal" like thing I've added is a 4x4 badge because there was no mention of 4x4 anywhere but the drivers sun visor. I'm not really a sticker kind of person. Although my lady did hook me up with some custom window art. "I LOVE YOU 8/9/14" On this sides it says "JKM&AHB" Photo quality...
  11. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

Hello fellow X owners. After some research and a few mind changing finds, I have come to ask a for the knowledge of the elders. My factory clutch driven fan is cracked between blades like almost all of our plastic fans are. My clutch is fine so I can reuse that. But I was looking for non plastic...
  12. A

New to the Explorer thing

With a full TT and Shackles you might be able to fit 32s with trimming. That's honestly my plan once my current tires wear down some. But I also plan to get done 15x8 rims with 3.75 backspace to push them out some. Enjoy the X and come back often! Plenty of good enough on here and always people...
  13. A

New to the Explorer thing

You should be able to clear 31s fine. Some have problems at full lock with 31s in stock form but most don't. I say get 31s and worst case they rub a bit at full lock until you can lift more. Which you can usually avoid full lock anyways or just trim away whatever is rubbing.
  14. A

Shock Replacement Results

Well I decided today that I can't use the Grill Guard so I'll be selling it and perhaps have custom bumpers made. Or maybe I'll put the money toward a locker or some exhaust work.
  15. A

Well they movie I could have spent on a spare I spent on a brush guard I'm ready to get this thing mounted on. http://i.imgur.com/alYtFH5.jpg I gotta figure out what I'm going to use as brackets to mount it. I wanna make sure the brackets aren't the weakest link of the set up. But I also don't...
  16. A

I don't have cruise control, air ride, or anything like that on mine. Despite being a 98. Being an XL the only fancy stuff it really has is 4x4 and the 5r55e. It's also got crank windows and manual locks. I think eventually I might go snatch some stuff off an Eddie Bauer. I like the unloaded...
  17. A

True, and it'll open up room for more width. I've gotta learn how offset is measured do I don't get something tucked further in lol. I'll probably go with a Soft 8 style.
  18. A

Measurements. Stock Front Shock uncompressed was 22 inches. Rancho RS5229 was 21 7/8 inches Monroe Rear was 26 5/8 inches uncompressed. Stock rear was also 26 5/8th. Fender Height Before: Front Driver: 32 3/8 Front Passenger: 32 7/8 Rear Driver: 31 1/2 Rear Passenger: 32 3/8 Fender Height...
  19. A

It's been a few busy days but I did put my shocks on. Rides a good bit different now. It's weird because the weight moves in the middle now rather than just the rear but it's nice. Anyways. It's probably the easiest replacement/upgrade I've ever done. I could have easily done it in a few hours...
  20. A

Put them on today and installed my new end link bushings. It was pretty easy. I'll update tomorrow after the rear shocks settle a bit. Immediately after my driver side rear fender was 2 inches higher and my passenger side was 1 1/2 inch. Update to come tomorrow. Should be plenty of good info too.
  21. A

No I'm riding stock height. No twist or shackles yet. I'm gonna ride my 235/75/15s till there's less tread and upgrade tires when I lift her. I'll try to help however I can though. My X is a 1998 XL with the 4.0 OHV and 5r55e, 4wd.
  22. A

So I plan to replace my front and rear shocks tomorrow along with my rear sway bar end link bushings. I purchased the RS5229 for the front and Monroe 58617 Load Adjuster shocks for the rear. I also purchased Moog Sway Bar End Links for the rear but they sent me two different products (I wanted...
  23. A

Coolant disappearing, where's it coming from though...

Alright guys. Forscan demo downloaded. Super Cleaner+Flush with distilled water added. Antifreeze and more distilled set aside for future use. Power steering freshened up. Fuel filter replaced. Car still runs. No fires. So far water pump is doing good and no more overheating has happened. Trans...
  24. A

I'll try it out. I know Torque doea misfires and can even tell you the cylinder because I have a interment misfire on cylinder 1. It's usually only once and I never even feel it. Very rarely cylinder 3 will misfire. Thanks for the tip. Right now I'm changing power steering fluid and trying to...
  25. A

Well it for fine all the way there and back. Got close to 200 once when I did a fairly quick 10-50 but that was it. Trans shifted fine. Still sounds a little off but that could be because the radio was off lol. I've got a bottle of Peak "Super Flush" I'll run that through it the next day or so...
Back