Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2016 Powerlift Gate Won't Open When Car Locked

Dealership said the same thing. Should be back working by mid next week when the part gets in
  2. P

Took it into the dealer this AM. The issue is related to the rear antenna not recognizing the key. They are going to replace the part. Should also fix my issue with the hands free liftgate as well
  3. P

My parents have a 16 platinum that I tried it on and it works when then key is in your pocket and the car is locked. The manual also states that the gate will unlock and open when the key is with a foot or two of the tailgate.
  4. P

Peter, thanks for trying on yours. I just tried the button under the tailgate and it works which is good. It appears that my issue is just related to the tailgate button not working when the car is locked and I have the key.
  5. P

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

No, the sound was coming from the wheel well area. They first did the tie rod and strut mounts which fixed it for a day but then it came back. New steering gear fixed the issue.
  6. P

Liftgate button is the issue. Yes the liftgate will move on the third press using either the remote or the dash button. As the button seems to work in all scenarios but when locked and after two presses I feel there is either something wrong with the BCM or it was not programmed properly...
  7. P

38k on our 2016 Explorer and the steering rack was replaced due to a loud clicking sound during low speed turns or stationary and turning wheel. Thankfully as I just bought the car the dealer handled the entire repair out of their own pocket.
  8. P

2016 Explorer Hands Free Liftgate Not Working After Factory Hitch install

I think my issue might be related to another issue as I just made another thread regarding the liftgate button. I looked at my parents platinum and the sensors are all in the same location.
  9. P

I have a weird problem with my 2016 Ford Explorer. The liftgate button works when the car is unlocked but does not work when the car is locked and the intelligent key is with me. The liftgate button on our remote will open the liftgate when the car is unlocked or locked so it appears the issue...
  10. P

that was what i was curious about. Wondering if we need the factory hitch sensor to get it working again. When i search Ford parts i can't find a different sensor part number (Sensor Assy | FordUS) No issue on the tow rating. We are only towing a jet ski. Did it in our old 2013 XLT with no...
  11. P

Hi, We recently purchased a used 2016 ford explorer without the tow package. The dealership added a factory hitch and now the hands free liftgate is not working. The dealership said that the reason it is not working is because the sensors are now covered by the factory hitch. I was looking...
  12. P

call the ford customer service number... posting on here wont get you that far.
  13. P

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Everyone above is spot on. Its corrosion on the hood (not rust because the hood is aluminum and aluminum does not rust). I would also demand that you have a new hood put on the car (despite what they say about the TSB and other stuff - once it starts corroding unless they get it all (they...
  14. P

2013 Explorer Limited

Do some research. Overall the car is good, but there are a couple of items you need to look out for before purchasing 1) check the hood thoroughly on the lip edge and under the weather stripping. Any dots or bubbling paint is corrosion and the hood will have to be replaced. (read this thread...
  15. P

Rattle from driverside dashboard in cold, at highway speeds

Sorry to revive this old thread. I had this exact same problem on my car. Took it to the dealer and they took the entire piece off and installed flock tape around the entire edge of the vent piece. Rattle appears to be gone for the time being. Now i need to figure out the rattle that is...
  16. P

Faulty Body Control Module

Either you or the dealership will be out of money on the exchange. They would have to do it as a trade in. Your other option would be going through the lemon law process, but you are likely not to that point yet as most states require that the same problem occur three times and can't be fixed. I...
  17. P

Best halogen headlight bulbs, 9005 or 9011?

Could not agree more with the above. Here is the bulb https://www.amazon.com/Philips-9011-Standard-Replacement-Headlight/dp/B00480J5CW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 . Can get it cheaper from the auto store. Stay away from anything with a blue tint as it will actually degrade lumens more...
  18. P

Exterior lower door trim removal

instead of buying the new pieces why not paint the chrome or get it wrapped? would be a lot less expensive...
  19. P

Explorer's Poor Headlights

The company is theretrofitsource.com. The projector which is completely PnP once the headlight is apart is the EvoX-R (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/all-products/bi-xenon-morimoto-evox-r-48640.html?carDisplay=2013+Ford+Explorer&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1). You will then need to get D2S...
  20. P

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

i would call ford customer service. They may split the bill with you on it. Or you could threaten small claims which will likely get them to pay the whole thing but with any litigation will take time
  21. P

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

He has a DIY video on his website. All you need is a flathead screwdriver to depress the clip then it just pops out.
  22. P

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I just checked online and the new update is not available. Is this still dealer only?
  23. P

2013 Ford Explorer Limited Fuel Leak

i insert the pump, let it run until it shuts off, let it sit for 10 seconds then give it a couple of shakes and call it a day. Been doing this since i owned the car. i will see if it does it again next week when i fill the car up again.
  24. P

I have never filled the car up with a portable fuel container. Only been filled up with the standard pumps. The problem started last week which would indicate that something has failed in the filler system.
  25. P

I found the original dealer that serviced the car and they noted that they performed the fuel leak recall on the car back in 2013 so that is likely out of the picture seeing as it just started happening. The fuel smell is only noticeable during and approximately 2-5 hours after filing up the...
Back