Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Looking to buy a Gen4 Explorer - transmission issues?

I was originally looking at Gen3 Explorers, but after reading so many transmission issues ive decided to move on and continue my search with Gen4s. Are they plagued with transmission problems as with the Gen3s? I was mainly focused on the V8s, but they seem to be much fewer so now im considering...
  2. S

Looking to buy 02-05 Explorer - looking for suggestions

Im looking into 02-05 Explorer, but have read so many reviews and horror stories about the transmission. Do the V6 & V8 get the same 5-speed auto transmission? Is one more problematic than the other? Or is it certain years to avoid maybe? I will be towing a 2400 pound 18' boat with it, nothing...
  3. S

Car wheels on a truck

Bought these wheels for my Mitsubishi Eclipse years ago, sold car last year but kept my wheels. Since ive been contemplating on getting some new wheels for my Sport Trac, it just dawned on me that 5x4.5 (Ford) bolt pattern is the same as 5x114 (Eclipse), but im wondering if there are design...
  4. S

6-speed trans OD lockout

07 Explorer V8, the OD button locks out 5th & 6th gear. Any way to lock out only 6th? I want to be able to stay in 5th while towing. Any shift solenoid tricks? Like cut a wire maybe and add a switch?
  5. S

rear sliding window for a 2007+ Sport Trac?

Are there any available rear sliding windows for a 2007 Sport Trac? Power or manual doesnt matter to me, i just want to be able to open it.
  6. S

6R60 trans - Any way to delay the shiftpoint on the 5-6 shift?

2007 4.6L V8 Id like to be able to raise the shift point on the 5-6 shift to 75mph for towing. The OD button locks out both 5/6 gears but im wanting to stay in 5th, so since we cant lock out just 6th gear maybe we can just DELAY the shift point going into 6th, and if i keep it under 75mph then...
  7. S

Improving the stock transmission oil cooling

Im looking to improve the stock transmission oil cooling. Since the factory routing runs through the coolant-oil radiator and then through an air-oil radiator, these are the 3 methods im considering. 1. Replace the factory air-oil radiator with a larger one. 2. Bypass the coolant-oil radiator...
  8. S

6R transmission - lock out 6th??

Any way to lock out 6th gear? The manual states that turning OD off locks out 5th & 6th which i think is too big of a jump. My purpose is for towing a pair of jetskis at a total tow weight of around 2200 lbs including accessories and trailer which i dont think is all that much, and i think...
  9. S

2007 Sport Trac 4.6L fuel pump schematics

Anyone have wiring schematics for the fuel pump on a 07 ST 4.6L? Every once in a while an occasion comes up and i need gasoline for my generator, lawnmower, dirtbikes... It would be nice if i could just extract gas from my Sport Trac since the closest station is 15 mins away... So my idea is to...
Back