Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Accelerator

yes that TB cleaner did great when i did that. night and day because before i did it, my TB was filthy
  2. J

Accelerator

just out of curiosity, there is no chance that this kind of mod will lead to the pedal/throttle plate sticking open right? I figure a failure in the spring at the TB end would cause that kind of failure, but im not sure.
  3. J

Accelerator

wasnt the pedal mount...worked like a charm, my throttle plate when floored was open maybe 20%, now i have WOT
  4. J

Accelerator

Thank you
  5. J

Accelerator

So my truck has been sitting again while i was away at school...runs ok except for an airbag light. But one issue i noticed is my accelerator pedal is very sloppy (a good 1/2" of slack in it, idles fine but i cant get it to rev to more than 4000 rpm when pushing hard on the pedal)...is there any...
  6. J

97 mountaineer start and then dies

so I just tried to start my mountaineer after about 2 months of sitting. It started, but sluggishly like a dead battery. Then it immediately died. Also, a puff of white steam came out of the exhaust. Could it be a mostly dead battery that caused it to die like that as well as sitting for 2...
  7. J

1997 MountaineerTransmission high shift

177k miles...lately my 1997 Mounty has been shifting real high. When I accelerate from a stop, it reaches about 4k RPM before shifting (much higher than usual), but maintains about 25000-3k or so depending on the speed I am driving. It seems sluggish to get through 1st gear. Any one ever...
  8. J

Interior Trim

Whenever I have to remove and replace the interior trim on the A and B pillars, I can never seem to get them to fit back perfectly, there is always a gap. does the outside edge of the trim fit into the weatherstripping or something? This always bugs me. Any tips?
  9. J

Belt Squeal

Side note, i have heard several opinions about checking oil (i frequently monitor it so i dont run low on oil, given my leak), some say do it when the engine is cold and still others say when the engine is warm. The manual says to warm the engine (but does not say to warm it to operating temp...
  10. J

Belt Squeal

I have 5.0 v8...belt might have been done with the idler pulley my mechanic did last winter, i don't remember. Might end up throwing another belt on there since it is cheap and then I will know I have a good belt for a while (and maybe stop the squeal in the process). Thanks koda2000, did not...
  11. J

Belt Squeal

So i have been dealing with a belt squeal only on a cold start after sitting for a while. It goes away after a second or two. I noticed it after my oil leak (coming from the front of the pan gasket, looks like somewhere right behind the crank pulley) It doesn't happen when the engine is warm. My...
  12. J

Small oil leak

hopefully it wont be too bad, i only put maybe 3k miles per year on it or so
  13. J

Small oil leak

will this kind of leak get worse over time? I am in the process of potentially selling the truck to someone else, but is it possible with this kind of leak for it to suddenly let go and lose a lot of oil very fast? I have a month until I need to take it back to school (about 100 miles), so I...
  14. J

Small oil leak

Its definitely the front of the pan, im thinking, for now, I will just live with it. leaked a bit after sitting since friday but didnt register on the dip stick yet.
  15. J

Small oil leak

So does the engine have to be removed for this repair to be done properly? How hard is that to do on the 5.0?
  16. J

Small oil leak

LOL i wish, but theyre paying for my college so I cant complain too much
  17. J

Small oil leak

I did try Blue Devil, seems to have helped a bit...any other products people have had success with? Or maybe a heavier grade oil?
  18. J

Small oil leak

i suspect the oil pan gasket where it meets the TC because that is where i did the repair, plus there is oil all over the front crossmember
  19. J

Small oil leak

Looks like my recent timing chain cover gasket repair (5.0) didn't work quite as well as I would have hoped...been dealing with small drops of oil under my truck whenever I park it for a few hours for about 2 weeks and 180 miles...just added 1/2 qt today (for my reference, the difference between...
  20. J

Noises

the tweeting sound is independent of the HVAC. possible on the pump, but i have full fluid and no leaks that I know of, so I am not sure about how air would get in there. Is the silicone WD40 test valid for bushings? That would be a fairly easy way to eliminate a possibility
  21. J

Noises

Finally with my truck back on the road and holding coolant/oil, i want to see if I can address a couple noises. The first is a very high pitched tweeting (sort of sounds like a very annoying bird) that occurs when I hit a bump (of course I took it out to try it tonight, but it is quiet...maybe...
  22. J

Hood cable

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-cable-stops-1-8-in.-qty.-2-03339/5011213-P is this the barrel you meant?
  23. J

Hood cable

ford wants 50 for a new one (wish i knew that because the dorman one was 30). As far as the bumpers, i guess i will have to replace one because it broke and thus the drivers side of the hood sits quite low
  24. J

Hood cable

So a month ago my hood cable crapped out so I bought and installed a Dorman replacement. It has been kind of working but sometimes I guess the cable will move and there will be too much slack and the hood won't open. How can I fix this issue? It seems that maybe the Dorman cable is too long...
  25. J

Stuck fan clutch nut

Looks like the sensor, the random green wire makes the pressure gauge to to half when grounded. now to figure out how to put the sensor back together
Back