Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Sport 2 door to 4 door conversion

No, unfortunately I was rear-ended. I had considered repairing it and moving forward but the fame is bent. So I'm just going to part it out instead.
  2. E

Agreed, what I may do is use a section from a four and plug it in and build the door from the frame instead of trying to build the frame around the door. I'm trying to plug it all into cad and see how it all will come together.
  3. E

Actually I agree with you. I would never purposely put anyone's safety at risk. I do a lot of things others consider risky but that is me and those who join me understand the risks I take. And that's what I meant by those willing to risk it all, those willing to charge that perverbal hill. As...
  4. E

I actually got the idea after getting into my buddy's FJ. I will probably build a latch and striker setup on the top of the new door. And I may incorporate the pillar into the new rear door so the front still latches the same.
  5. E

I actually do R&D for a auto company.I've done some hot rod work in the past , you know choppin' roofs and stuff. But I've never tried to add a door before.
  6. E

Alright Folks I'm going to say this once. If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread then don't. I don't sit and tell you that you have $#it ideas. Because if you like I can be a d!+@ too. This forum and these threads are supposed to be about a community helping each other out. So...
  7. E

Sorry no frame cutting or sectioning. I'm talking about making body mods. Secondly you should always ask questions weather you know, think you know, or have no clue. But thank you for your concern and your concern for others. For those who willing to risk it all, pick up your sawz-all, plasma...
  8. E

I keep you updated as soon as I start the project maybe mid to late may. Thanks for the heads up about Ranger quarter doors I'll look in to it. This project needs to be planned and replanned before I start.
  9. E

I still plan on using my 2 door frame. I don't want add a full door.
  10. E

I have spent hours reading this forum and it has help me make a lot of decision for my X. So on to the new question. Has anyone turned a 2 door sport into a 4 door. I don't mean replacing the body. I'm talking about just cutting and building quarter doors for more rear seat access. If you did...
  11. E

Power Source for Mods - Pics

That is a huge help, the pictures are perfect. I'm going to try and install mine tomorrow but I think I'm going to locate mine inside the cab.
  12. E

Awesome thank you
  13. E

Secondary fuse box

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't seem to find it if it has. I pulled a under the hood fuse box from a 97 X to add to my 1994 so I don't have to t tap wires under the dash or run a spider web of wire to the battery. My question is this do I need to ground this box some how or...
  14. E

Did you run a ground the secondary fuse box. I had a similar idea, I pulled the the power distribution box from under the hood of a donor. But I'm not sure if it needs a ground or not.
  15. E

Post yer 94 pictures

What type and size of lift do you have?
  16. E

Interchangeable parts help

Cool thanks for the info.
  17. E

Interchangeable parts help

Hey Folks, New so if this is in the wrong section I apologize and would appreciate a point in the correct direction. I have a 1994 Explorer sport. I found a 1999 Sport with some good front seats and a nice roof rack. Does anyone know if these part will swap right over? Thanks for any and all...
Back