Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

From my past history with ordering Explorers, the order bank for Canadian orders has been opened 4 to 6 weeks after the US order bank opens. I guess that would make it early to mid September.
  2. W

Moonroof Shade Flapping

Not sure if it just in the 2017 Platinum or if other 2017 trims with moon roof are the same, but does anyone else feel the power sunshade for the moon roof is quite flimsy? I went for a ride the other day, it was relatively warm, so had the windows down, but the sunshade closed, and as the wind...
  3. W

New 2017 Platinum Ordered

I am in the same boat as you, except mine is the dash. Consider replacing it, but you also have to consider what replacing it entails. Could replacing it cause another issue? Probably, because let's face it, it is not being replaced at the factory, but at the dealership, and the dealership...
  4. W

Convoy is rail ?

The window sticker is preliminary information, and all attempts are made to be as accurate as possible. That said, the build date placed on it could have been originally planned as such, but parts delays/quality issues may have developed that delayed your build, as well as others on order...
  5. W

Navigation Guidance Volume

I think the problem is that there is a perceived difference in the evenness of the levels for the different areas like phone, navigation voice, stereo etc. Talk will always be lower than phone or music so you can't universally set the same level. In our 2011 Explorer, with Sync 2, there was a...
  6. W

New 2017 Platinum Ordered

I actually like the steelies, they remind me of the old sedan police cars from the 70's like on Adam-12.
  7. W

inside lift gate release location

Peter There is no manual "inside lift gate release", just the electronic push button on the front dash under the headlight switch
  8. W

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Well, it looks like I am on the hook for new sensors. Apparently, despite similar parts numbers, they're different. The 2011 sensor is referenced as TPMS 12 whereas the 2017 is referenced as TPMS 35 or 36. Probably has to do with, among others, the fact that the 2017 sensors report a pressure...
  9. W

2011 woes

We recently traded in our 2011 Limited and we had, on a number of occasions, had more than 500 lbs of mulch back there with no issues on the seats, We also had over 500 lbs of 3' long pieces of concrete garden edging that we transported to their new home some 200 miles away, that was a drag on...
  10. W

I am not sure if they were actual Ford rims, but I did buy from a Ford dealership. I think, however, the dealership uses a local tire supplier, so who knows for sure. Anyway, all I was told was the 2011 sensors were different and wouldn't be recognized by the 2017 computer. I'd rather not have...
  11. W

Purchased 18" Toyo G5 winter tires on steel rims a couple of seasons ago for our 2011 Explorer, now we have a 2017, and was wondering if anyone knows if the steel rims will still fit, and if you can reuse the tire sensors?
  12. W

purchasing husky liners

Got our X-Act contour husky liners for our 2017 and noticed that they no longer have that extra lip over the door sill plate. It sits nice and flush against it just like the weather beaters we had in our 2011.
  13. W

Indexing music

So, the Microsoft Zune:dead: is not supported in Sync 3, oh well. Transferred 1429 tunes to USB drive, played flawlessly, no delay in indexing, no limitation cap.
  14. W

sync 3 navigation stopped

Sounds like automatic software updates. I have seen countless times where software/apps need to "sleep" while an update is being performed, and then "wake up" again and nothing the end user can do until it is done. If manufacturers's are not going to or able to provide seamless updating, why...
  15. W

Engine Oil Cooler

Thank you all for your responses. Appreciated.
  16. W

Corrupt files on USB Flash Drive... Can't Delete them!!

I believe algorithms for MP3's were created in a non Mac environment as Mac's usually were .aiff before MP4's came along. I believe those files are temp files created by your Mac to help translate and subsequently play the Mp3. Ideally, they would be deleted when you stop playing the mp3 and...
  17. W

Engine Oil Cooler

I have seen a lot of dealer advertising for both 2016 and 2017's where they make a point of the fact that there is an engine oil cooler, but my ETIS report shows that my 2017 Platinum will not have an engine oil cooler. Isn't the engine oil cooler standard on Explorers with the towing packages...
  18. W

2017 ordering

Most dealers should call you when it arrives so you can arrange a time to go and inspect it. Depending on what you find unacceptable (if anything) during your inspection may require sometime to correct.
  19. W

Sirius issue

After some research, it looks like the vehicle trial version is called an "All-Access" package (can you feel the irony?), but it doesn't seem to include any channel in the 300's except for 341, which appears to be available only for online streaming.
  20. W

15 digit vin number

So now that you have the full VIN, I'm curious to know what 2 numbers you were missing?
  21. W

Indexing music

I am so glad, my music is on a Microsoft Zune!!! :dead:
  22. W

2017 ordering

Make it a double tequila, nix the ice scraper and instead give him some Alaskan Ice Melter! Less scratches.......:)
  23. W

Having second thoughts

When I compared the 2.3L EB to the 3.5 EB and against the 3.5 NA I currently have, I felt it was slightly better than the 3.5NA which stands to reason given the modest hp/tq difference. Just like the NA, I found the 2.3L struggled a bit with an extra 500 pounds which included the driver and...
  24. W

2017 ordering

I was told it took 18 hours from start to finish to build an Explorer. That's to build it, now if they find something wrong in quality inspection and testing after that, well then.......Bartender, leave the bottle....and maybe the case......and just to be safe, have your supplier on speed dial...
  25. W

Done, it's been ordered!

Unfortunately, No there isn't. Provided that your Ex has actually left the Chicago Plant parking lot, and is not waiting to be loaded on transportation headed out your way. Now you're at the mercy of the Rail/Transport truck that is delivering it. I may be wrong, but I don't even think your...
Back