Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Hood painting advice

I haven't seen that thread yet but I just had my 2016 XLT hood replaced for the reason. If they were to repaint it properly the entire hood would be stripped down and repainted, not just spots. That would look like ****. I am not sure if stripping down these hoods is a good idea either because...
  2. D

Hood painting advice

Sounds like they did a crappy job painting the hood. I would make them repaint it. What did you have it replaced under warranty for?
  3. D

2015 Explorer Brake Issue??

Weird. It sounded to me like it could have been describing the transmission problem I had. It wouldn't happen all the time, but a few times a week when trying to back out of my parking spot I would have to really give it some gas to "kick in" and make it go in reverse. If you think that sounds...
  4. D

2015 Explorer Brake Issue??

Tire grab? Does it take a few seconds after you hit the gas to actually go?
  5. D

Sync 2 with MFT failing. How can I cost effectivly upgrade to Sync 3?

The only option I have found is to buy a kit. They are all about $1,300-$1,500. I would recommend these guys Ford SYNC Touchscreen Upgrade Kits | 4D Tech
  6. D

2014 Explorer Sport Horn location

Should be right by the hood release latch.
  7. D

Prospective Explorer buyer, need advice

I agree with the 17+ for the Sync 3. I have a 2016 XLT 2.3L and love it. They did have to replace the transmission at 65k due to some issue. Thank god for the extended warranty! Have had some issues with the heated seats. Other than that great truck.
  8. D

STEEDA Sway Bar Installed!!

After watching your review I made the purchase. Install was very easy and the handling is nice! Have you installed their Rear Trailing Arms? I am thinking about adding that next.
  9. D

Plug Gap

I would adjust the gap to the Ford spec. I looked them up on the NGK site and there is a note that you must adjust the gap. I am no expert just like to follow directions!
  10. D

Has anybody installed the 2016/17 OEM Crossbars

Might have been a star bit can't remember. Either way very easy.
  11. D

Quiet start mode

My 2017 does the same thing. I have been wondering about this myself. It would male sense for it to crank the A/C on high.
  12. D

How does a new battery fix various issues?

I believe the vehicle runs off the battery and the alternator just keeps the battery charged. The vehicle doesn't run directly off the alternator.
  13. D

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

Interesting. I was just thinking how I wish I could upgrade from SYNC 2. Price seems fair. I do find it funny how they only offer $50 to send in your old system. I think the trade in value should be at least $250-300.
  14. D

Brand new Explorer / Rust on Rotors

The rotors will get a little rust on them if it hasn't been moved in a day or two after rain.
  15. D

2017 Dash Cam - Hello, I am a new member

I have the Thinkware f770 with the rear camera option. I did a lot of research and thought it was the best. I have had it installed for 6 months and it is awesome.
  16. D

Changing Out Front/Rear Emblems

That looks awesome! I was actually looking at those exact same replacement badges last night. How is the quality? Dow it look like they will last?
  17. D

Turning car off with wipers on....

I had a 2015 and currently have a 2016. When you turn off the truck the wipers stop where they are, down or not. Every car I have ever had has done that.
  18. D

16-17 moonroof question

I have a 2016 and mine is lined up fine. Seems like either the metal roof or moonroof flexed on yours.
  19. D

Rear Bumper Protectors

Here are pics of the one I purchased: http://imgur.com/a/B30Rj
  20. D

Rear Bumper Protectors

I had the Ford OEM one on my 2015 and it did suck, very thin and it was basically a sticker.
  21. D

Rear Bumper Protectors

It is thick rubber and holds pretty good with the adhesive that comes with it. I will post pics.
  22. D

Rear Bumper Protectors

I ordered this one a few weeks ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DJI8SJ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Finally installed it yesterday and it looks good.
Back