Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2020 Aviator

True, I just wanted to point out that as comments were being made in this thread about certain features of the Aviator that was shown, to keep in mind some things, probably minor design elements, could change. I wouldn’t mind seeing the iPad style infotainment screen being done away with myself...
  2. M

2020 Aviator

It should be noted that the Avaitor shown is a concept not production version. But based on what they did for the Navigator, production won’t be much different than the concept unveiled today.
  3. M

Heater blowing out top vents

Sounds like a blend door issue. My F150 has 2 for temp control and one for vent control. My drivers side temp blend door went out and is located above the transmission, in front of the center console. Decided to take it to the dealer to replace since I didn’t feel like taking my dash out...
  4. M

Grace period before first waxing?

My understanding is that new cars have their paint cured at the factory, so no need to wait to wax a brand new car. It's a different story for cars repaired at a body shop, most shops don't have the ability to cure the paint as quickly as a factory.
  5. M

2017 ordering

Yeah we got the extra $1,000 ford loyalty as well. FYI, my dealer need to copy one of our ford vehicle titles to be able to claim the rebate. Make sure you bring one with you.
  6. M

2017 ordering

Haven't seen that before now. NC beaches are about all my truck sees nowadays.
  7. M

2017 ordering

We went with White Platinum. I prefer black (my raptor is tuxedo black), but figured white would be a better option my wife. I will say, the explorer does look stunning in white.
  8. M

2017 ordering

Picked up our '17 Limited today. Ordered on 7/5. Built on 8/9. I'm absolutely blown away by the difference in ride and interior quality over the 2006 Eddie Bauer I used to have.
  9. M

2017 ordering

I've been checking the cotus websites as well for our vin number and can't get a result. Based on posts I've seen on other car forums, cotus doesn't work for most. I just keep checking to see whether our window sticker is available, then figure it's a week or less till build like Peter said.
  10. M

2016 / 2017 quotes I've received

It does appear the explorer took a dip between June 2015 sales and June 2016. Still up about 3% year to date 2015 vs 2016. https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/en/investors/investor-events/Sales%20Calls/2016/June-2016-Sales.pdf
  11. M

Sure did. Graduated about ten years ago. Civil Engineering.
  12. M

2017 ordering

double post, sorry
  13. M

2017 ordering

Yup, but my wife especially is. The explorer is for her. I used to own a '06 Eddie Bauer though, amazing how much more refined these explorers are now.
  14. M

2017 ordering

Ordered a 2017 Limited on 7/5, got my VIN today. Supposed to be built first week of August. I was pretty surprised on the turnaround for a vin based on some of the responses here.
  15. M

I was able to order a 2017 Limited at $3,600 below the MSRP of $45,900. Also included the $500 rebate with option of even more if the rebate improves at time of delivery (which it appears it has to $750). Dealer fee is $599.
Back