Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Help diagnose: Engine switched to accessory mode, lost power with A/C on.

I have done ESP with positive results on another vehicle. I purchased the Explorer with cash, so I knew that it would be on me. Just didn't expect this only six years in....but. Alas. 'Tis my lot and my luck! 🤣😭
  2. S

Looks like it is the A/C compressor. Belt slipping detected, so I got underneath the car last night, and the clutch is seized. No free-spinning. $2000 repair job. Yay.
  3. S

2017 Limited. 78k miles. Hopped into car after church. Remote start because I live in AZ and it is hot. Pushed ignition button to go into drive mode. Drove out of parking lot and onto street. As I did so, it shuddered. I pushed gas and it shuddered again. I immediately pulled over. Upon...
  4. S

purchasing husky liners

No problem on the fit on the driver's side. Perfect fit. I think the passenger side was missing one of the "snap" connectors, but the fit is perfect. I also have no problem with the X-Act in the middle or third rows. When I bought them, I was assured the 2016 version was the same as 2017, and...
  5. S

Question about Advertising Assessment and Fuel Charge on A/Z plan purchase

I know this is an old thread, but in the case that somebody stumbles upon it in the future, let me see if I can answer. Based on the plan rules: As an AZ-Plan participant, you are authorized to see the dealer invoice for the vehicle you intend to purchase. Ask the dealer to show you this...
  6. S

2016 Explorer Transmission troubles

Out of curiosity, has anybody experiencing similar issues tried shifting it into neutral, and pulling off to the side of the road, when this has happened? Would that even help with the initial failure? The conscientious driver in me says "If it were me...", but the realistic driver in me would...
  7. S

purchasing husky liners

Because I am taking delivery of my new Limited tomorrow, I went with a different route. It will require a little more work. Ordered from AutoAnything.com (it is a division of AutoZone). In a chat, prior to purchasing, they said that they guarantee the ones they are selling (as '2017 Ford...
  8. S

purchasing husky liners

Husky Weatherbeater were posted today, but only for the cargo area and the 2nd Row. Must be a redesign for the 3rd Row, too..... https://www.huskyliners.com/products/2017/ford/explorer Still waiting on X-Act Contour.
  9. S

purchasing husky liners

Spoke with CS at Husky today. She put me on hold and spoke with the engineer, who said that the 2017 mats are new, and would be available and on the website by the end of October.
  10. S

Window Sticker URL

Go to www.cotus.ford.com for further information. I like that site. For the record, mine was built last Thursday, and the sticker just showed up today. Sometimes it takes a while! Congrats!
  11. S

Order complete!

Order date: 9/1/16 Production Date (Per COTUS): 9/29-9/30/2016 SCHEDULED DELIVERY: 10/28/16 (although COTUS shows 27 days left, which would put us at 10/26).
  12. S

Well, that didn't sound good!

Dang it! So sorry to hear of your bad experience. Please keep us informed of how things go!
  13. S

Order complete!

Also got the additional $500 Labor Day Bonus Customer Cash locked in this morning. New grand total is $39,490 and great financing.
  14. S

Order complete!

No. I am in the East Valley. Got the order placed today, after reminding the sales associate that I would be coming in today to ORDER for the last four days. Took about an hour to get in and out (thanks A/Z Plan)! 2017 Ford Explorer LTD - Ingot Silver, 301a, Class II tow package, Wheel locks...
  15. S

Order complete!

Sure. I have about 5 dealerships within 20 minutes of my home. Not too concerned about it, except the fact that they wasted my morning. When I go back next week, I will tell the salesman that I am ordering, and that I will walk out if they don't let me order right then.
  16. S

Order complete!

I walked in ready to buy a new Ex today! Since I am on A/Z plan, I already had a good price, knew the incentives, and was ready to go. The salesman was awesome, but kept insisting we buy one of the cars from the lot, because it was "cheaper for the dealership". I literally told him "I don't...
Back