Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

1991 Aerostar. Heater fan control.

The fan has its full range of speeds with the temperature control on vent, but change it to heat or defrost and it shuts off.
  2. G

1991 Aerostar. Heater fan control.

My heater fan runs fine with the control on Vent, but when I set it on heat or defrost, the fan shuts off. Move the control back to vent, fan goes on. Any suggestions?
  3. G

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

Third owner of a 91' Aerostar E-4WD from Colorado. 332,000 miles on it, virtually rust-free. It had taken a few hits before I got it, so there will be bodywork in it's future, but for now I'm just getting to know it. This forum has already helped me solve some of its problems, and I know I'll be...
  4. G

My sliding door is stuck closed!

Yeah...I have a Ford Manual, but the detail on the handle mechanism is too small to see detail. But...as it worked out, no problem...because it was my clumsy mistake. The only part missing was my brain, when I realized the handle wasn't engaging because the electric lock was on. Duh. The...
  5. G

My mistake...I couldn't get the handle to operate the rod, and thought something was missing...and it was simply that the electric door lock was engaged...so of course, the handle won't do anything. I'll finish the job up today.
  6. G

Installed new latch, but something is not right...the rod that pushes the latch doesn't move when I operate the door handle. It seems something is missing...a part that broke or came off...that connects the rod lever mechanism to the handle. I need a good blow-up of the handle...
  7. G

Aerostar air conditioning.

I'm a new member. I've got a 91' w/330,000k on it that came without working A/C. The problem had stumped a number of A/C repair folks, and there was always some heat being delivered, even with everything shut off. I figured I'd at least disconnect the heater cable so it would be bearable in the...
  8. G

I had the same problem. Took off the inside panel, and after lots of huffing and puffing...put a set of vice grips on the actuating rod, tapped it back (to the right) with a hammer, and the latch popped open. I can see that 330,000 miles of use has worn out that latch pretty good. Looks like the...
Back