Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Nav. system repair

Bill, I gotta Hijack this thread... did anybody find that link, so that I can find the guy who repairs the nav systems? Thanks a bunch
  2. B

front diff has slow leak

Well, at least I know where not to go. Monroe is too far anyways, I live way on the other end ;-)
  3. B

front diff has slow leak

same here, anybody done this before?
  4. B

front rotors - vented?

ok, ok, I take it all back!! They gave me the rear ones. I know, stupid beginner mistake. But for some autoparts one can buy sooo cheap crap, that I thought that was another way to sell cheap shmeap stuff... Anyways, after returning them, the new ones were on in 10 minutes.
  5. B

front rotors - vented?

ok, I am already getting ready to bring those back to autozone. Does anybody know how I can tell for sure, which ones from Rockauto.com are vented? I don't want to pay much more then $50 a piece! Thanks
  6. B

front rotors - vented?

I just unpacked my new Duralast Autozones rotors. I was shocked, when I saw that they weren't vented!!! Are those supposed to be vented? I mean my old rotors are warped a little bit and that's why I want to exchange them, but not for non-vented ones!!! I mean, aren't you getting major fading...
  7. B

Removing Rear Brake Rotors on 2002 XLS 4x4 4.0 Engine

now I remember, that's what I had to do...
  8. B

Removing Rear Brake Rotors on 2002 XLS 4x4 4.0 Engine

man, that reminded me of last summer, when it seriously took a whole Sunday to change the rear brakes... the rotors and putting the e-brake back together was the worst, since I haven't done it before. Fun was also when I put in the pads the wrong way. DIdn't know they were handed. SO anybody who...
  9. B

What's your gas Mileage?

I always got 12-15/16mpg. Ever since I had the CEL with P420 (I think) come on, I get 18-19mpg!!! Also it helped that my drive to work now is 15 mls instead of 7mls, but I don't know if that would make that big of a difference!! Last week I broke my personal record and got 20.5mpg I had some...
  10. B

caliper slide pins?

ok, I got the caliper brkt for $15 Bucks at Advanced Auto parts, the Slide Pin at Murray's for $9 and now I am hoping to get the boot and rattle brkt for 7.50 at Napa. Dude, I am driving all over the place and especially since the AAP are the only ones to have the brkt and you have to come in to...
  11. B

caliper slide pins?

wow, where do you find stuff like that??? I was looking for about an hour onb google etc. to even find those pins!!! I guess that's what I am end up doing then... I tried some more today, but there's no way of getting that little ******* out of there!
  12. B

caliper slide pins?

homer, buy a new one... Well, the pin is toast from beating at it already anyway, now I am that far that I only need to find a way to get it out!!#*&!%#(^!@%# I wonder where I can take the bracket with the pin? Could I just take it to a machine shop or a tuffy's? And then I gotta find a...
  13. B

caliper slide pins?

man, that was a great explanation!! but unfortunately mwking is right, I got a 98! I already tried wiggling it with ivce grips like crazy, I tried to pound it out and it won't move at all!!! any other suggestions?
  14. B

caliper slide pins?

ok, I just tried to get the lower one out and it is not moving at all!!! I tried to spray a little bit Pb Blaster into the boot, I tried hammering it out and I tried rotating it with vice grips!!, Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get those out???? please, help, I need to get my truck...
  15. B

caliper slide pins?

I think one of my brake caliper slide pins in the front is stuck, I was trying to compress it when I was changing the brake pads and it only wanted to move to a certain point. Also my old pads were worn unevenly! Where can I buy those and what are they called? Is the installation difficult...
  16. B

brake pads?

are severe duty brake really necessary? I am looking at the quick stops as an alternative??? Oh and when I order on Rockauto, do I order Qty 2 for both wheels or 1 for one set?
  17. B

drivetrain clunk when coasting under 10mph (downshift?)

thanks a lot, I should be able to find out now if that was the problem...
  18. B

stupid question, but what and where is the slip yoke?
  19. B

with me there is only one clunk at almost the same low speed (just under 10mph) it doesn't always happen, but most of the time. Almost everytime I go around a corner, slow down and get back on the gas in the corner. Can it have anything to do with that my reverse is always feeling like it is...
  20. B

When I am coasting towards a red light or so and it slows down to under 10mpg I get a clunk somewhere in the drivetrain. At first I was thinking U-joints or so, but now I am wondering if it could be the transmission trying to shift down into 1st gear and maybe some clutchpack or so is sticking...
  21. B

clunk in powertrain, when stepping from brakes to gas

I tried to search for this, but couldn't find anything. Very often (becomes more!) when I roll towards a traffic light and brake slightly and then step back on the gas I hear this clunk somewhere in the powertrain (Trans or rear end). I think that also happens in the opposite direction when I...
  22. B

what is that for??

the problem is that there is a hole in the top leaf spring to locate that bracket, so I can't hammer it towards the rear end. So should I just cut it out and replace it with a new one?
  23. B

what is that for??

What is that bracket for? It is loose sitting on the leaf spring and rattles like hell... Can I fix it somehow?
  24. B

left turn noise weird though!!! help

Yeah, that might be an idea, I should check the e-brake, it isn't working since I bought the truck anyway!! I hope I will find the time to look at it and don't have to bring it to a shop! Hub bearing? I dont' know how they work, but I would think it is definitely not a wheel bearing!
  25. B

left turn noise weird though!!! help

It doesn't sqeak when I push dwn the fender. And when it makes that noise I think that it varies with the speed. so it has something to do with turning parts! I am just thinking: brakes - it should make that noise also when going straight and the pads and discs look good bearing - same...
Back