Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1996 Ford Explorer EGR valve question

Can anyone help
  2. M

1996 Ford Explorer EGR valve question

I have a 96 Ford Explorer V8 I was looking for vacuum leaks with brake clean I sprayed in the EGR valve on the orange rubber inside of it my idle changed is this a vacuum leak also I had a scanner on it my short-term fuel trim when negative 7 the long-term fuel trim positive 7 at idle
  3. M

High fuel pressure

Thanks for your help I figured out the problem it was the hose there was a restriction. I disconnected the fuel return line on the tank and at the fuel rail and bypassed it.Ran a new line and it return to 31PSI I disconnected the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose and the PSI went up to 40...
  4. M

High fuel pressure

I found the problem tonight it's a fuel return hose restriction thanks for help [rQUOTE="imp, post: 3583685, member: 126284"]Another thought came to mind: If the fuel pressure regulator has a vacuum hose, a crack or broken off hose at the manifold end might have been missed while replacing the...
  5. M

High fuel pressure

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer V8 fuel pressure is way too high 55 PSI at idle already change fuel regulator still at 55 and Haynes manual recommends 30-45 psi any suggestions
  6. M

Intermittent stalling problem

1997 Ford Explorer 5 liter V8 stalls while accelerating but comes to life the stall lasts not even a second it happens while turning left or right or going straight but it's intermittent and happens when it's warm outside need help. Any suggestions
Back