Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

5 speed swap questions

it does have to be from a F150 4.2 between 97-03 i believe. or can one from a F150 with a 302 in it. but the revision of the transmission does not matter if its m5r1 or 2. The 2 being a more beefy unit from what I have read.
  2. S

5 speed swap questions

You need a M5R1 or M5R2 also know as M5OD-1 or 2
  3. S

How to: 98 5.0 AWD Auto to 5spd M5R2 and 4406 M

I have come up with the best answer I could think of for the pilot bearing. Just between rereading the posts, and using RockAuto as source of reference. OP says he bought a Luk Clutch Kit in Post #15. The Luk Clutch kit includes a pilot bearing but in Post #130 he says its incompatible. When...
  4. S

So I have found the answer to one of my questions so far concerning the hydraulic line I believe. The pilot bearing question is still in the air. Post #14 Talks about getting a hydraulic line. Post #15 The OPs gives the first part list but does not list buying a hydraulic line or part number...
  5. S

Could someone help me with pinning down a hydraulic clutch line part number? I have read and reread this thread once or twice, will continue to do a bunch more I bet if I actually go threw with this. Here's a little bit of info to help. There have been a few different posts of hydraulic lines...
  6. S

2000 explorer what upgrades first

depends on how deep in the rabbit hole you wanna go. Theres lots of upgrades for these trucks. the few that can be bought online are big bucks. sway bars, headers, custom bumpers, exhaust kits, superchargers.. etc. Performances upgrades in the engine are cheap if your handy at breaking down the...
  7. S

Dana 35 Axle Info Help Wanted

I have decided to order new front axle outer bearings, seals, hubs, and half shaft axles with seals and be sure everything seals up good and will last a long time. Hopefully within the next month I can order the parts, get a warranty replacement on some moog upper ball joints that I ordered off...
  8. S

I'm back, with a 97 Mountaineer

Good find. pretty clean. I bought my mountaineer being told it was awd later to find out it was 2wd.will never make the same mistake again lol. Im in the process of 4WD swap though
  9. S

Are they rubber or metal? I was looking at pictures. Are they the rubber cap that slides over the metal spline piece?
  10. S

Do they sell just the shields? You know where to get them?
  11. S

I found a thread with bearing and seal info D35 SLA Axle Shaft Seals and Bearing Post #3 has all info
  12. S

So turns out it wasnt 50%. With core trade I paid about $135 with one year warrenty. Got it out of a 98 V8 EB with about 218K. Lowest milage 3.73 I could find in explorers. Outside has some orange-ish surface rust but it turns smooth and fluid wasnt horrible, still red-ish. Seals were not bad...
  13. S

Gotcha, Either way I am going to open it up this time.
  14. S

I am going after 3.73. It was recommend my a member on here to try and get it out of a V6 because it would have less wear. I was not sure what ratio is more common with the v6. Its 50% at the junkyard tommorow for a super bowl sale. So I should be able to walk out the door for under $70. I just...
  15. S

I am in need of a front 4x4 axle (dana 35) for my explorer. Was going to the junkard tomorrow. I was told to try and get one off of a v6 from a member here for less wear and as new as possible. Do all Dana 35 axles have 27 splines? My hubs and cv axle are setup for 27 and was wondering if They...
  16. S

Torque Monster Headers

I might just do a muffler delete and side pipes or something similar.
  17. S

Torque Monster Headers

If all I truly wanted was better sound what would be the best way to go? Without it being a drone on the highway. One of those gibson exhast systems? There like 365 on summit with 25 rebate. Or just having a shop do it be cheaper?
  18. S

Torque Monster Headers

are they worth it in all honesty?
  19. S

Torque Monster Headers

Are they making these again? On the website you can checkout through paypal and seems like the price went or were they always $890 plus shipping?
  20. S

Rear wipermotor help!

It was a long process to get my rear wiper to work. First like yourself my back hatch didn't even open. I replaced with a new hatch from the junkyard and it worked but was still bent somehow and didn't close right but well enough to get the door ajar light to work correctly and interrior lights...
  21. S

Later Model Stock Radio Upgrades with Bluetooth AUX

So I personally prefer the look of stock. And I know there are professional radio Bluetooth kits out there with adapters to get everything I want if I take it to a Radio Shop but I did not want to do that. So this is the solution I came up with. I bought the parts about 3 months ago but haven't...
  22. S

5.0 Exhaust Thread

I am gonna have to start checking all the exhaust on these explorers at the junkyard. Eventually I might get lucky with some headers or custom exhast setup already done since so many people have done it.
  23. S

Anyone know if they made a 2nd gen EX with V8 and 4:10 axles??

No 5.0s went into sports. They can be swaped though.
  24. S

Coolant Leak - Water Pump or Timing Cover? (Video)

Its actaully at 221k not 202k lol that was my bad. But the K Seal worked completely. It took about an hour before it fully seated in but it stoped the leak entirly. I would use it again.
Back