Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rear Suspension Toe Link Recall

Update. Three days in the local dealership and my explorer is back. They had to get a special tool from ford to remove some nuts that were spinning.
  2. C

Rear Suspension Toe Link Recall

My rear toe link broke as I was driving yesterday. Pretty special when driving at 50mph. Had the car towed to the dealer. Now I’m told the nut is stripped In the subframe and is just spinning. Waiting to see if ford is going to cover a new sub frame or if I’m sol. I can’t believe the bad luck I...
  3. C

How to: 2011+ Grille Removal with pictures

I removed my girl for plastidip. I don't have pics but I can walk you through it. It comes off pretty easily.
  4. C

How to: 2011+ Grille Removal with pictures

I sprayed the whole grill with adhesive remover to remove any wax and residue that was on there then sprayed. I live in Rock salt heaven in syracuse and drive a lot. Look a like the day I sprayed it.
  5. C

idatastart with drone mobile

In a few months after markets will have full functionality. It always takes a bit to for them to catch up.
  6. C

Downgrading from (8" MFT with Nav) to (4.2" non-MFT)

Yes but a headunit and amp would make the biggest difference. Oem headunits control bass and treble output so we aren't blowing the paper speakers they use.
  7. C

Aftermarket headunit with metra/maestro install

Cable comes with the maestro kit. The software is online. You go to the idatalink page, download the installer, input the info and click sync.
  8. C

Nope you plug it into your computer. Need the vehicle vin and the serial number for the radio. Then you'll pick sync or no sync. Then pick your steering wheel button functions and you're good.
  9. C

The grommet is right next to the top of the shock tower. Brings you out near the fusepanel. I went with rr over PAC because I had the same setup in my escape. I originally planned on using sync in my last vehicle. After a month of yelling at the sync voice I reflashed the maestro to delete sync...
  10. C

I mounted the mic in the upper left corner of the headliner and windshield. CarPlay uses your phones gps and apple maps Nex4100 I haven't done the speakers yet. I did add a 6 channel amp. I'll be doing the speaker swap when I have more time this winter.
  11. C

I might be able to help with some of this. I just installed a maestro kit and an aftermarket radio with the metra panel. I didn't have sync and personally there is zero chance I would have kept it active even if I did. The pioneer headunit I installed has CarPlay so Siri was a no brainer over sync.
  12. C

Heated Windshield wipers

Oh. I was so confused. But those heated blades do look cool
  13. C

Heated Windshield wipers

The link shows a heated blade not an arm.
  14. C

Okay i saw that video. That isn't a stock mft kit. That's a Chinese knock off I was really contemplating it till I did some research. Lots of issues with them and the warranty is a problem. Have to mail the unit to Texas then they mail it to China. You will be without a radio for a month. You...
  15. C

No way. I wouldn't waste my time with sync. It's awful. Car play or android auto is way better.where is the video? Can you post a link I wonder how they did it cause the mic and mirror doesn't come with the base model. 613 is that your area code? I have a cottage near Kingston Ontario
  16. C

Yup looked like that and it's plug and play. Just have to wire the headunit to the maestro or PAC harness then plug in the harnesses and flash the unit and you are good to go.im a techs so this stuff doesn't scare me but honestly it's easy.
  17. C

idatastart with drone mobile

Yeah I couldn't believe the price of the ford kit. what's also nice about the drone kit is if you have the adsusb cable you have full control over all the options.
  18. C

Adding fog lights to 2016+ Base Explorer?

someone on here must have done an oem install or tried it?!
  19. C

yeah I'm just trying to weigh my options. adding a switch is nice but I'm not sure i want to change the entire engine harness. that just seems like a ton of work. when i had the grill off last week i did notice i have the harness on the drivers side bumper next to where the fogs would mount. not...
  20. C

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

those look nice. did you have fogs before? I'm trying to figure out how to wire them into a stock fog switch
  21. C

What you would need is the main engine wiring harness, that is for your engine, that has foglights and also if you have the park assist or any other optional equipment mounted on the front of the vehicle. Easiest thing to make sure you get the correct one is going to a Ford dealer to get it. You...
Back