Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Fuel lines

Cut the fuel line in the engine compartment to pull the motor bc the disconnect was rusted and wouldn't budge. Does anyone know where, Other than a junkyard, I can get the fuel lines from the filter to the intake? Or how I can make new ones?
  2. S

SOA perches

Where can I get spring perches to fit the 8.8? Did some research on how to do it but there wasn't a lot of info about where or what are the right perches. Thanks
  3. S

1994 Ford Explorer transmission removal.

How'd you get the transmission lines off? Couldn't find a good way to get a wrench in there. Tried from underneath and through the floor where there's a cover Plate
  4. S

long radius arms

I was thinking about it. I need to get a new motor before I build anything, took it diving and it didn't work out too well. When I do make everything I will take pictures and my a thread on it.
  5. S

long radius arms

That price made me blind, and is more than what I paid for the explorer. I've got skyjacker 4 or 5" lift coil springs up front and an add a leaf in the rear, looking to add shackles to the rear as I am not satisfied with the height. I guess I'll just build my own long arms, a lot cheaper and if...
  6. S

long radius arms

looking to get longer radius arms for my 94 explorer and couldnt find any on skyjacker or the duff lifts website (forgot the name) where can i find some for a decent price or how can i make my own?
  7. S

Mile Marker or Warn Hubs?

could not find the shiftster on broncograveyard?:wtf:
  8. S

Mile Marker or Warn Hubs?

which one do you think could take more abuse? I only use my explorer for off roading at the badlands and the pedal is jammed to the floor the whole time so i need hubs that can take a real beating.
  9. S

Bad hubs?

If I go to turn the front driveshaft by hand it doesn't budge. When being pulled by another vehicle I can see the front shaft turn. But I was unable to see if it turns from its own power
  10. S

Bad hubs?

How would I be able to tell whether it's the hubs or the transfercase? I can't turn the front drive shaft so I assume it's in 4wd but can't get the front wheels to spin but when being pulled by another vehicle I noticed the front drive shaft was spinning. I was unable to see if it spins under...
  11. S

Bad hubs?

Yeah I did have a lot of loud popping and noise like it was slamming in 4wd. Now when it's in 4x4 I hear nothing
  12. S

Bad hubs?

94 explorer transfer case locked in 4x4 can't spin the front drive shaft so I know it's in 4x4, couldn't spin the cv half shafts but front wheels won't spin :censored:. Tried cleaning the hubs and switch them to the other side (driver to passenger and vice versa) thinking maybe they're...
  13. S

Popping noise when in 4x4

A while ago I took my explorer off roading and was fine at first then I got stuck and while in 4x4 and having the wheels spinning I kept hearing a loud popping noise up front. When I finally got out and back on the street (explorer put in 2hi) I heard no popping noise. The noise even happens...
  14. S

Front drive shaft bolt sizes

What size are the bolts for the front drive shaft? I was going to go to the junkyard today and get a "new" one and don't want to bring more stools than I have to. Can anyone tell me what size they are?
  15. S

Anyone have pics of 2 inch lifted explorer with 31 inch tires?

Where did you get your 2inch lift? Or if it's "custom" what did you do to lift it 2 inches
  16. S

94 Explorer idle problem

how do you check the codes with a paperclip?
  17. S

Radio has no power

thank you i checked the fuse and was blown, i also figured out (from driving with no radio i had to think of something to pass my time) that there was no power going to the factory amp, wired the 12v ignition straight to the factory amp power wire and now i can enjoy a ride with music
  18. S

94 Explorer idle problem

recently bought a 94 explorer and ran rich. replaced the EGR pressure sensor, DPFE, and MAF. check engine light comes on for about two minutes then goes off for a while before coming back on. exhaust has light black smoke SOMETIMES. when i go to start it it dies right away and i have to hold the...
  19. S

Radio has no power

just bought a 94 explorer that had no radio. I went to install one and it was getting no power. tested the battery, fuse in the engine bay and all check out. checked the fuse panel under the dash and the fuse gets power, but when I test the green/yellow wiring (constant 12v power for radio)...
Back