Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2017 Ford Explorer - Exterior trim pieces in horrible shape

So I'm handwashing my wife's 2017 Ford Explorer today for the first time (She's always taken it to a carwash) and I'm noticing so many of the vehicles exterior trim pieces in very bad shape with some of them falling apart & coming off. My first question is if any of this is covered under...
  2. T

Dealer installed Class 1 Hitch

Neither new car factory warranty or Ford ESP?
  3. T

Will getting an after-market hitch installed by Uhaul void my warranty?
  4. T

I need to get a hitch put on my car. The main use for it would be to put a cargo basket or bikes on the back, however, I would like for it to have the ability to toe something like a small boat or maybe a U-Haul or something like that. My dealer is offering to put on a class 1 hitch. He...
  5. T

Hitch mount cargo basket / carrier suggestions

My dealer (Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise FL) does a factory 'style' hitch where it goes through the bumper and has a removable panel for about $700. I have no idea if they replace the bumper (I doubt it) or do a custom job, but it is what I was quoted. And because it's a Ford dealer, I feel ok with...
  6. T

Hitch mount cargo basket / carrier suggestions

Hi, I have a 2017 XLT with electric rear door. I don't have a hitch yet but plan to get the dealer one installed which I'm told provides the 'factory look' (I think that means the hitch will come out of the bumper) Nonetheless, I'm looking for the best recommendations for a flip up cargo...
  7. T

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I wonder if there's any difference in reintegrating an OEM (Invision) headrest DVD from a pre-2016/17 Explorer into a new 2017 model - mainly ue to the minor electronics update with Sync 3. I have a new 2017 XLT and am considering buying a set of these off EBay.
  8. T

Suggestions for aftermarket DVD players

I see a bunch of factory/OEM headrest units avail on EBay. Not considering the lack of warranty, but how do these things get power to them? I would imagine they're not just drop-in-and-play, or are they? Also, how are they synced so that you can watch one DVD on both units?
  9. T

Door alignment issue

So glad I found this post. We just bought a new 17 XLT and the day after we bought it, my wife noticed on the passenger side that the door stuck out from the seem slightly, maybe 1/8 - 1/4". We were concerned that maybe trying to fix it might make it worse deciding to leave well enough alone...
  10. T

Suggestions for aftermarket DVD players

Just purchased a new 2017 XLT and opted out of the $2000 DVD option. We have a moonroof, so we need a good aftemarket option for the headrests. Previously, we bought a set of Phillips headrest DVD players from Walmart for around $50. They worked, not great, and not easy to control from the...
  11. T

Sirius issue

This is now my 2nd big disappointment with our new 2017 Explorer. The struggle is real.
  12. T

What are the biggest problems with the 2016/2017 Explorers?

This is not what most might call a 'problem' per se, and it's not unique to the 2016/17 models, but something I've recently posted and learned about right here in this forum is the ridiculously low weight limit of the roof rails on this SUV. It's 50 lbs if you have a moon roof, 100 lbs w/o. It...
  13. T

DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

Has who has done this painted the trim panel fasteners (flat exterior side) to match the color of the paint?
  14. T

2016 - 2017 crossbars weight restrictions

Wow, I would have never thought of the stability control as the reason for the weight limit on the roof, but it certainly is possible and makes sense... including how the weight of the moonroof glass and power/control mechanisms affect things. The more I look at the car and where/how the...
  15. T

Green Color Tire Valve Caps

So my neighbor just pointed out to me that my newly delivered 2017 XLT has nitrogen filled tires. I had no idea and I'm not really sure if I should be annoyed or thrilled. On one hand, I'm like "hey this is GREAT because of all these different things I've read" but on the other hand I'm like...
  16. T

These weight limits / restrictions are EXTREMELY disappointing. Not that it would have changed my decision to buy it, but I might have thought differently about it. I just imagined that I'd have no issues family road tripping with my Thule cargo box loaded up, but the box alone weighs nearly 50...
  17. T

Oil Change interval

Thanks blwnsmoke! I will do a more thorough search next time. There were so many posts I couldn't seem to easily find specifically what I was looking for, but I will try harder :) As for the cost, it was a wash. After we had negotiated the price as far down as we could go, they screwed up on...
  18. T

Oil Change interval

Do you follow the recommended oil change schedule by Ford and/or wait for the indicator light to come on, or are you more aggressive? I've always believed that the best way to ensure a long lasting engine is to do the oil changes more frequently than recommended, maybe even twice as often. I...
  19. T

Never mind all. I found them all over the web including fordparts.com for about $135 or less. Thanks!!!
  20. T

Hi, Can anyone point me to where is the best place to buy roof rail cross bars online for the lowest price? We just bought a new 2017 and I forgot to get the cross bars. Before I ask the dealer to put them on for me, I just want to be sure I cant get them much cheaper online. Also, they cost...
  21. T

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Hi Blwnsmoke, I sent you a pm. I'd like to try your source for an ESP. Any way you can share that contact with me?
  22. T

Hi. I wanted to reply to you privately about the ESP. Do you have a contact you could share with...

Hi. I wanted to reply to you privately about the ESP. Do you have a contact you could share with me? I'm REALLY close to purchasing (like today maybe) and want to walk into the deal knowing all my options clearly. Thanks a million in advance!
  23. T

What kind of crazy law is this? I HAVE to pay MSRP on ESPs even if purchasing online out of state? So I have no other / betteroptions for better deals on genuine Ford ESPs other than to save on sales tax?!?
  24. T

Hi. About to purchase a new 2017 Explorer XLT in Florida and would appreciate current information on where to find the best online deals on a genuine for premium extended service plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I keep hitting roadblocks online due to either being in Florida or...
Back