Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

New SYNC Version 3.4.23088

Did you experience any of the out-of-memory conditions solved by the 23088 build?
  2. D

New SYNC Version 3.4.23088

I'm experiencing the out-of-memory condition on mine, Sync 3.4 build 22251. It forgets the number of preset pages and SiriusXM defaults to channel 0, RADIO ID. It's super annoying. I had automatic updates turned on. Sounds like this out-of-memory condition is happening to F150s and Broncos too...
  3. D

Multiple suspension noises

Updated profile to reflect current vehicle.
  4. D

Multiple suspension noises

That definitely sounds like what I'm hearing inside the cabin. Any ideas for fixes?
  5. D

What is your MPG?

I got 22.6 on a long highway road trip today in my ST. Averaging 75-85mph.
  6. D

How to: Missing Hitch Cover??

You met me at an animal hospital years ago in my blue Terminator and sold me a thermostat. I remember liking the Explorer Sport you had and now here I am coming from a 16 Sport to an ST. Ford should give you a finders fee.
  7. D

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

Am about to buy this ST tomorrow. I have it on test drive till tomorrow. It does not have the rear lower air deflector. I plan to ask the dealer to install one. For some other reason it didn't come with all weather mats either, so either Weathertech or I'll ask the dealer to throw those in too.
  8. D

How to: Missing Hitch Cover??

Am about to buy this ST tomorrow. I have it on test drive till tomorrow. There's no cover on the trailer hitch which I find weird too, coming from a '16 that had a nice glossy cover there.
  9. D

Turbo whine....CAI?

Turbos don't whine, they whistle. Yes you'll hear it better with a CAI.
  10. D

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

My dealer tried to get Hankook to replace the tires but they wouldn't do anything. Ford stepped up, and offered to cover 60% off a new set. I asked, pretty please another brand, but the offer was only good for the Hankooks. I have to get the work done before I hit 22k miles, otherwise the...
  11. D

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

I'm a victim of the abnormally quick wear on the Hankook tires. I noticed the other day that at 19k miles I have between 2-3mm of tread remaining. A buddy told me there was a problem with these and after a quick Google it seems it's true. I'll see what the dealer can do for me and then contact...
  12. D

2015 3.5 ecboost mis shift in "sport" mode

I see this sometimes on my tuned '16 XSport. The 1-2 shift is weird/slow at WOT, but the rest of the shifts are crisp.
  13. D

towing performance

2018 F150 Diesel will get 30mpg. It comes at a premium. Depending on how much towing you are doing this might be worth it. https://jalopnik.com/the-2018-ford-f-150-diesel-should-score-30-mpg-highway-1821871761
  14. D

towing performance

+1 V8 or Diesel or Ecoboost. No matter any way you slice it, towing will destroy fuel economy. A diesel will do better, maybe an F250 SuperDuty or Silverado 2500 would fare better,
  15. D

2017-18 sport rims on 2011-2015? Picture?

I actually like the sport wheels on the pre-2016 Sports more than the post-2016s.
  16. D

Weird 1-2 shift

My XSport is tuned by Livernois. I've probably only went WOT from a stop a handful of times. I noticed last time that the 1-2 shift is a little weird. It's not a sharp shift, and at least twice the shift hesitated. It took what seemed like forever to shift from 1-2 and it seemed like it was in...
  17. D

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

I felt the same way after tuning my '16 XSport. It's a different vehicle.
  18. D

88 Clear or 91 Octane?

Marathon in this area is ethanol free 93 octane.
  19. D

2016 Explorer Sport vs 2017 Explorer Sport

Nah I get that. Explorer was overpriced for the equipment at the time, no lane keep, no adaptive cruise without the option, and SYNC 2 is garbage. We all know this, there are class action lawsuits about it, Consumer Reports ripped Ford apart for its ****ty Interface. But in Fords defense, Sync...
  20. D

2016 Explorer Sport vs 2017 Explorer Sport

A buddy just bought a 2017 Explorer Sport and I had a chance to look around it and made a few mental notes of differences between the 16s and 17s. I thought it was interesting and you might too. The obvious difference is SYNC2 in the 16 vs SYNC3 in the 17. But the differences extend beyond...
  21. D

Question on tune supporting mods

What's the recommended colder plug that they used in the 17s that I should install on my 16 Sport?
  22. D

5Star Tuning now supporting the 2017 Ford Explorer

Interesting about Pedal Commander, I've never heard of it before. I had a 2.0T Edge FWD prior to my '16 XSport and the throttle delay was just terrible. It was like I could literally count a second before the car started to move. It was terrible pulling out in traffic because you'd hit the gas...
  23. D

Removal of stock SPORT exhaust tips... pics?

Be careful with the exhaust tip on the sports (not the chrome surround) -- it's unfinished metal. Cut the **** out of my hand cleaning inside the chrome surround.
  24. D

2nd-Row Heated Seats

Yeah would love to add heated rear seats to my Sport. Disappointed you had to trade heated rear seats, and rain sensing wipers for the big motor.
  25. D

Hood Struts ??

Redline's shop is in Michigan, about a 2 hour drive from me. :) I feel the way you do when ordering stuff from Amazon and it ships from China. 3-4 weeks. I would pay 2x as much for something sourced here so I can get it in a few days.
Back