Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Door Lock Issues

I thought I posted an update but apparently not! The dealer replaced the BCM(the old one was showing that it was bad) and coded it to the car, however, that didn't fix the issue. The locks were still not working properly. They ended up replacing the lock mechanism in each door and that...
  2. R

Door Lock Issues

I may be back at square one then...As of today, only the driver's door lock was working properly. The other three did not respond fully to the lock and unlock from the button on the door and the remote. some would work part of the way but not fully and not consistently. Rapidly cycling the...
  3. R

Door Lock Issues

Thank You! I'm guessing that this would require having the entire BCM replaced, correct? I was trying to avoid the dealer but it is seeming inevitable.
  4. R

Door Lock Issues

For the past several months the locks in my 2016 Sport have been acting strange...it started with the rear passenger side door locking but not unlocking. That went away and worked fine for a few days then the other rear door started doing the same thing. Then it was both not working at the...
  5. R

Time for tires

The Michelins made my Sport a whole new vehicle. I liked them so much that I put them on my wife Mercedes and they are amazing on that truck too.
  6. R

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

I have gone through two sets of the Hankooks...the first 4 were replaced at about 12k miles when the dealer determined that the car was aligned incorrectly from the factory. The second set lasted until 30k miles...they were almost completely shot at that point. I am not too crazy of a driver...
  7. R

15 Sport back at dealer Chk engine light ... Again

I feel your pain on the out of service time! I just got mine back after a week in the shop and me in a '15 Focus. So far I have spent over 3 weeks in loaners in the 11 months I have had this car. The worst part is having to get special permission from Ford every time I need a loaner. My...
  8. R

Wind Noise in 2016 Explorer

I was hearing more road noise from the drives side than I thought I should be It sounded like it was coming from a similar area. Within a few weeks the trim panel that has the touchpad on the driver side door completely separated from the car and was only hanging on by its wires(a fun experience...
  9. R

2016 Sport...Dead in the driveway...

I just brought the truck home and everything is fixed...for now. The starter was completely shot, so it was replaced. The other item replaced with the starter repair is listed as "Circuit 752944". The service adviser could only tell me that it was part of the starter system. The cause on...
  10. R

I actually just received a call from the dealer....apparently, the starter is needing to be replaced. A "circuit", their words not mine also needs to be replaced(they may be talking about the relay). I can't wait to see what the write-up of the repair says. There was a very foul burning smell...
  11. R

Sadly, I'm very aware of the warranty guidelines due to all of the other issues that I have had so far. I have a feeling that Ford will at least cover a rental at this point, but the number of issues that I am having in less than a year make me very worried about long-term viability of this...
  12. R

Let me start out by saying that this forum has been amazing to read and really helped me decide to get an Explorer. It has been a great resource for all of the little issues that I have had, but now I am at a loss. Today, when I started the truck up I was met with a loud noise that wouldn't...
Back