Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Hey, I went to a body shop and they said the lower grill panel can't pop out forward....the whole bumper needs to come off? WTF
  2. R

2016 PIU dealer programming??

I would love to get dark car activated on mine. Dealer will help?
  3. R

2016 Police Interceptor Utility 3.7L (AVS)

Is there any chance you have more photos in the install. I have the same one and would to add fog lights since our didn't come with them.
  4. R

I bet any single row led bar would work. Looks very slim. Maybe something like this https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/off-road-lights/20-slim-off-road-led-light-bars-54w-5000-lumens/3771/ This is what I wanna get. I hope it fits with the Setina push bumper on it's way...
  5. R

Huge audio problem!

Oh I have tried. That's for driving though. This will do it when the car is parked too. I don't have iTunes. I bought a cheap PI lol. Only radio and CD player for me.
  6. R

Huge audio problem!

I like this idea. It will stay lowered till I bring it down to half way and then yeah, rejuices it self after a while. Less than a min.
  7. R

Huge audio problem!

This is a PI so it doesn't have sync, just a basic radio and CD player. 0-30 is what the volume is.
  8. R

Okay, first step for me will be to remove the grill and just order the thing to see if it fits. ONE MORE QUESTION! Did you drill it into the bumber cover or is it the metal bumper? Don't have the car in front of me to go look. Its at the dealership.
  9. R

Huge audio problem!

Sound goes strong for about 20 mins and then at high volume it limits itself.
  10. R

Huge audio problem!

Well the issue is initially it's not limited, it's loud and sounds really good. I would never notice it on a short ride to work but when I work out of town, let's say a 20 minute ride that's when you notice it's really loud and then all of sudden it just drops by it self. If you turn down...
  11. R

Huge audio problem!

Well that's the term the dealer ship said when I first had the issue. They ordered the part and called it the radio module. It's in there again and they told me who really listens to there music that loud? That's a joke right. 26-30 is under normal working conditions or Ford wouldn't have let it...
  12. R

Feasibility of adding heated mirrors

Can I add heated mirrors to my Ford Utility PI? I live in Illinois so the fog and snow this year have made me realize I need it! Anyway it would be easy?
  13. R

Huge audio problem!

I own a 2016 Ford Utility Police Interpector. I bought this car "used" with only 31 miles, so it's not like it had any electrical problems from being in a fleet. My issue is that at high volume (26-30) it starts to cut power to the speakers and noticeably turn down the volume after about 15-20...
  14. R

No problem, totally understand. Where did you learn to take that grille off? And did you just use the screws it came with or different ones to make it fit?
  15. R

Did you use the manufacturer brackets it came with? Will you post a video or pictures of how to pop that lower grille? Sorry for all the questions - im very interested in putting one right there. Love how discrete it looks!
  16. R

But where does it attach to? What did you use to secure it? A bracket or something? I just don't see how it was attached. Did you have to take off the front bumper?
  17. R

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

How's that bracket holding up? Would love to do to my PI. Only one strap that goes around, pretty snug?
  18. R

Setina Install 2015 Explorer

Huh was it the Setina 400? I just ordered mine. $416 shipped.
  19. R

What did you pay? I'm seeing right under $400.
  20. R

Anyway you can post of pictures? Where did you order from? Looking to put one on my 16 but don't know where to buy.
  21. R

Would you happen to have photos of the install? I have been wanting to do this to my PI since I don't have fog lights.
  22. R

Anyway I could get some more photos of the light bar in your grill! Would love to do something...

Anyway I could get some more photos of the light bar in your grill! Would love to do something like that!
  23. R

Call me crazy, but I need help!

Okay, I'll have to check if anybody can match it better. The % is right, it's really well. Just when you are inside the vehicle there is a huge difference in color.
  24. R

Call me crazy, but I need help!

I did put on 20% to match the back privacy tint. I understand the risk though. My last car I had 20% around and the cops in my city never messed with me.
Back