Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Bad oil pressure sending unit?

My buddys Explorer has a crazy oil pressure guage. I searched and saw where people mention needing a new sending unit when the guage shows low pressure on start up, but his guage just jumps around all over the place very very fast. Is this the same issue or what else do we need to look for...
  2. Z

nice ORV in my backyard..

Yes you can camp there, if you meet up wit hChris he will be close by and you can stay in our area :thumbsup: There are also a few hotels not too far from there. There could be 200 rigs or 900, just depends. There are about 4 major major events each year at Grayrock this being one of them...
  3. Z

Dan said call him next week and tell him what all you want done, but he said it be awhile before they could get to it. :thumbsup:
  4. Z

Yeah it is kinda steep, but with all the crap the land owner has to pay it has to be that much. I myself want to go to Wheelin in the Country soon. :D
  5. Z

Keith (at Offroad Connection) said you guys are so busy it'd be a year before you could get to it. I told Chris about you guys and told him BTF is the best haha.
  6. Z

Guys it be best to just go to June Jam the weekend of the 8th, there will be lots of rigs and sponsers out and it will be cheaper to ride $50 a weekend (3 days) June 22-24 is resurved already for an XJ group ride. Also if you want to resurve a weekend to ride its $750 ($75 a rig, must have...
  7. Z

01M01 Mileage limit?

Whats the 01m01?
  8. Z

Got my B&M tranny cooler now...

Ok, thanks. Thats what I wondering and then people started saying I don't have to cut anything.
  9. Z

Back to where I started.... I undestand what you have done, but my Ex didn't come with a tranny cooler from the factory. So I don't have all the hoses set up for a new one. So what do I do?
  10. Z

I've looked behind my bumper many times and never saw it. By aux cooler do you mean tranny cooler? (Maybe your speaking of something else) I do know when I got the Ex. in for its first oil change it had a huge filter on it like one that goes to a diesel truck (really long) the service guy...
  11. Z

Well, that makes since, but I don't have an after market filter and my Ex didn't come with a cooler from the factory so thats why I am confused on where to plug in everything. Plus it included this pretty long hose that I though ran all the way to the tranny itself somewhere.
  12. Z

Anymore details on this? If I don't have to cut anything I won't. I haven't looked at the instructions in awhile, but I was thinking I had to cut a hose. Please tell me how you installed the B&M line.
  13. Z

Which line do I cut on the tranny? The top or the bottom? I know alot of people say different things, but I jsut need to know the best way to install the B&M line. I am also wondering about how much tranny fluid I am gonna lose when I cut the line? I figure if I install it when everything...
  14. Z

Cost of a new transmision

Usually a rebuilt one runs $1200 or so.
  15. Z

Installing tranny cooler (I searched)

thanks, I'm gonna take alot of pics of the install to help others.
  16. Z

Educate Me... I know nothing about AWD

lol, Some of those prices are high. I'd sell my perfect condition 2000 4wd OHV w/ 52k fr $9k. Only to get a 5.0 :)
  17. Z

How are the newer '02+ EXs w/ V8s?

Hmm well I know on the 2nd gen. Ex trannys did change if you got a V8, so I was hoping the same with the 3rd gen., but I don't even know what tranny the V6s use in the new ones.
  18. Z

Ahh, thanks. So do the V8s get a beefier tranny? I'll be towing some and I want a little tougher tranny than whats in my V6s right now, even though shes been perfect, I just hear they can go out kinda early compared to other trannys.
  19. Z

I currently have a 2000 Ex 4x4 w/ OHV and its a great ride and only thing I've had to do is clean the IAC. Thing is I am starting to tow my atv more and more nd I wouldn't mind more power. Well one of my friends is wanting to buy my Ex from me in the near future and I am thinking of getting '00...
  20. Z

www.BamaChips.com, Not a new name just a new business..

Hey, I live in Birmingham and have a OHV Ex. What all do you offer to help my slug perform better?
  21. Z

www.BamaChips.com, Not a new name just a new business..

Hey, I live in Birmingham and have a OHV Ex. What all do you offer to help my slug perform better?
  22. Z

Installing tranny cooler (I searched)

BTT, lol, Just now ordered my B&M cooler. Looks like there is still debating on which tranny line to install the cooler line into. So this means I am not sure.
Back