Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ok well now I cant get the other trans flywheel to spin to get to my TC bolts. Could really use...

Ok well now I cant get the other trans flywheel to spin to get to my TC bolts. Could really use some help.
  2. S

Got the trans out last night with a little help. But glad to know it wasnt as hard as I thought...

Got the trans out last night with a little help. But glad to know it wasnt as hard as I thought it'd be and I feel like I can do it again.
  3. S

Long time user just now Introducing myself

Hey Brooklyn update I got the old trans out and only had to seperate the center portion of the crossmember from the frame portion that houses the torsion bar and its adjustment screw.
  4. S

Welcome aboard:bounce:
  5. S

How do I do that? Edit: I think I did.

How do I do that? Edit: I think I did.
  6. S

Thanks I ended up using the pointed/flat end of a lug wrench and pushed it with little resistance after I dropped the driveshaft. Now my problem is trying to figure out if I have to drop the entire crossmember to get the tranny to tilt back. The way my exhaust runs it looks like I am because my...
  7. S

A 4R55E was change to 5R55E during a transmission swap.

Before I do this though shouldnt putting my tranny in gear and spinning my rear wheel while having the other one secured be spinning my TC/FW as well? Btw 2wd open diff
  8. S

When I try that I get alot of resistance but thats probably because my driveshaft is still attached to the tranny. Im about to pop this last drive shaft bolt out and see if I can find something to spin that fly wheel with thanks TFfrank386 I hope this works.
  9. S

Please help

Please help
  10. S

Hey since you guys are talking 5r55e can anyone tell me how I can get my torque converter to spin without turning the engine over( I have no battery).
  11. S

Officially started removing my trans today and already hit a few bumps but not gonna worry.

Officially started removing my trans today and already hit a few bumps but not gonna worry.
  12. S

Im working at a steady pace and have fluid drained, 3 of 4 drive shaft bolts out, my shifter cable disconnected, my starter removed, and one torque converter nut removed. But I have hit a hiccup...I dont know how to spin my Harmonic balancer to expose my other TC nuts through the hole where the...
  13. S

Also are these instructions to be followed in order or are they in random order?
  14. S

From looking at the one I viewed it was made out of less filler material but I also relooked and found out that it wont fit my trans anyway.
  15. S

I am definitely preparing to take the task on and appreciate the help I can use all that I can get. Would you recommend a lighter flexplate I have heard they have some benefits? Do you know of any?
  16. S

1995 Explorer Stock 4-door XLT Max Wheel/Tire Size

I have a stock 2000 Explorer XLT and I am running tires that are 32.1 inches overall and I only rub on a small part of my wheel well but it doesn't bother me nor is it enough to damage my tire or wheel well...(noticeably). As far as your offset you should be fine although I cant tell you from...
  17. S

No I have RWD.Ive been looking into doing it for a while but it seems pretty daunting its hard to find a video on someone removing a 5R55E from an Explorer.
  18. S

I did a little bit more digging and found out that you do need at least the basic payed...

I did a little bit more digging and found out that you do need at least the basic payed membership but thats no worries I will definitely be joining the elites soon.
  19. S

Yeah I've been through some ups and downs with my explorer but now im ready to get her back on the road and running good. First step is trying to put in a new transmission that I have. Never replaced a transmission but am pretty mechanically inclined so should be able to figure it out with a...
  20. S

Sup everyone. You can call me Sheepdog just here to learn and teach as much as possible and hopefully build an awesome Explorer at the end of the day with the help of the knowledge base here.:bounce:
  21. S

Hello could I get a quick guide on adding a profile pic please?

Hello could I get a quick guide on adding a profile pic please?
  22. S

Hello do you still do performance work still?

Hello do you still do performance work still?
  23. S

Hey Rick is there anyway I can add a profile picture after ive made my account? Instructions...

Hey Rick is there anyway I can add a profile picture after ive made my account? Instructions would be very helpful. Any help would be appreciated.
Back