Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Cracked head

Well at 100,000 miles and 5 years my extended warranty expired. At 105,000 got an coolant hot warning. The radiator shutter failed. Replaced that and a week later engine ran hot again and lost the coolant in reservoir. Cracked head. It was going to take 3 weeks to get a rebuilt head. Ended up...
  2. T

PTU - Power Transfer Unit

Do all explorers have a PTU or just the all wheel drive models? What is the oil change interval? Thanks
  3. T

2.3 Ecoboost carbon build up

Hello all.Just turned 50,000 miles on my 16 ecoboost with no apparent problems with carbon build up. Wondering if anyone out there with more mileage has had any problems or if not what your current odometer reading is. Have used synthetic oil and top tier fuel as recommended by the Ford guy...
  4. T

A9 SD card

Hello all. Called the local Ford house to buy a new A9 sad card for my nav and they told me all they had was then A8 and didn’t know when they would get the new ones! I have seen the A9 on Amazon but hey description does not include it being good for anything past 2015. Will it work? Anyone else...
  5. T

2.3 ecoboost intake valve carbon

Does anyone have any info/experience with carbon build up? Anyone know what if anything ford has changed in the new gen engines to elimate the problem? I have seen threads on this but not since the 2.0 went away, just curious 40000 miles on my 16,no problems so far!
Back