Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Nail in 1 tire --> Told to replace all 4!?!?

Shop manager is like yep that's the sidewall
  2. 1

A unique first gen..

IDK ITS LIKE THESE THINGS TEND TO FIND ME... I MIGHT HAVE TO GET OUT THE HAMBURGER HELPER AND KETCHUP... CHECK THIS OUT MY GIRLFRIEND WANTS TO BUY THIS IM LIKE STILL TRIPPIN
  3. 1

Got a toy, for both off & On road

around the 830 minute mark DAMM
  4. 1

rodny

sounds like a lifter issue... i would try flushing it out.
  5. 1

clearing oil passages

A rocket engineer dam..... anyways the solid tensioner isn't as low maintenance idk if it were me i would just go with the stock tensioner... maybe replace it but doesn't this motor have a balance shaft?
  6. 1

Diagnostic Mystery (Crank, No-Start) [SOLVED]

Did you actually test to see if a spark is coming out...? if u have a extra plug a good way to do it is to leave the old in get a plug ground it to the valve cover or something metal... probabally not the fuel rail lol... crank it over and check for arching im sure theres a tool too. Check for...
  7. 1

Do the 4 way hazard flashers have their own wiring?

yea im guessing the relay is actually good I just tested my trucks hazards u wouldn't believe it... I got just the front right only to work by not letting the switch come all the way out but they all do work im guessing its probabally sticky inside of there in the switch itself must be where it...
  8. 1

Do the 4 way hazard flashers have their own wiring?

idk this is posted in the first gen forum but that goes from hazard switch to turn signal switch according to haynes and theres switches in there then to the relay... could be the turn signal switch or the relay...
  9. 1

1994 explorer AT 4X4 sluggish and vibrations in OD gear

U didn't actually top it off did you? Your only supposed to check the transmission fluid when hot in park with the engine running it should be on one of the x marks... there may be a overflow but its to release pressure really not so much fluid. You could drop the pan and change the filter in...
  10. 1

Spare Tire

I knew a girl that drove her 90s cavalier on 4 donuts and swore she had not changed the oil in 70k miles
  11. 1

Working on a High Idle

Yea look up inside the old iac valve the shaft may be rusted u can possibly clean it the idle air control valve needs a chance to take over maybe try loosening the back plate screw on the throttle that adjusts the idle down and see if it stays up on its own like around 750rpm also check to see...
  12. 1

Spare Tire

Dang that's a old tire haha what about the ones stored inside the car I got 1 that's 10 years old I don't plan on ever using it so I guess its fine plus its a donut as long as it holds air...
  13. 1

diagnosis of codes and sensor readings

Yea its coming directly from the computer from pulse width modulation and those same wires are used there are no return wires they just measure resistance and power the sensors on the voltage from those should read a certain voltage with the sensor disconnected. It doesn't mean low voltage going...
  14. 1

Do the throttle posistion sensor mod where u dremmel out the mounting holes on the sensor to adjust it's position check it with the voltmeter or loosen the little bolt on the throttle body that adjusts the throttle position till u get the correct voltage. The Idle air control valve should take...
  15. 1

Bypassing power steering.

I have been rolling around with the stock steering box i'd say the worst part is parallel parking lol I will be getting back at it soon I've just been so busy but yea it is possible to steer with no power steering but definitely way tougher... but without those parts ac/ power steering it is a...
  16. 1

according to my vintage ford code reader book' 124 throttle position sensor above normal voltage. 157 mass air flow sensor fault low voltage.
  17. 1

check the vaccum modulator on the transmission ... take the line off that leads to it and check for vacuum pressure I bet your having a leak.
  18. 1

Body swap from 1998 SOHC to 1995 OHV

Is it 4wd Pictures please!
  19. 1

I would say if it is a first gen those numbers look within specs on those numbers. My question is, how did you get the reading for the IAC if its obd1 without a scanner that is capable did you really take all the readings based off the voltage of the sensors? What type of problem are you having>?
  20. 1

Body swap from 1998 SOHC to 1995 OHV

That would be sweet I'm sure someone here has done it and I'm thinking they will not be completely plug and go but definitely could be done for sure. Ford used the same chassis like the frame ect till the 3rd gens idk if u measure the frame rails and body mounts that should let u know it's...
  21. 1

Valve Cover and Lower Intake Oil Leaks- 1992 Ford Explorer

just did mine a few months ago nothing too hard actually really simple lol haha just a few sockets and yea the reverse torques beware u cannot find those anywhere if they strip/break them. Yea just a few hours... since these gaskets are not really under extreme pressure I suggest try re...
Back