Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Motor sludge 4.0 ohv

Got some sludge this truck sits alot. Past 200k going to be changing oil next week I want to clean some out...heres what I'm thinking... I got 2 quarts of 5w30 laying around and I was thinking that and a quart of mystery oil and "maybe a quart of transmission fluid" just using what I already...
  2. 1

Fuel atomization on stock injectors.

Thinking about changing to 4 hole but I stopped... Wouldnt 1 hole vs 4 provide better atomization than a 4 hole spray? Bare with me...a 4 hole at 19lbs would be like not very good at all. 1 hole at 19bs vs 4 hole at 19lbs is actually better....thaughts?
  3. 1

What do you guys think of made in china parts?

What do you think about parts made in China? Let us know your opinion. Cheap bad good made of lead idk what have you tried on your explorer....im doing Chinese led lights.... Only thing I like from China led lights. Some reason Chinese led s are super cheap and reliable.
  4. 1

Bypassing power steering.

I'm taking everything off serpentine except alternator and water pump... Going with electric fan... No power steering ac... Anybody done this...what length belt did u use? Trying to do no idler pulley or anything. Let me know your opinion... Open to criticism maybe I'll do something else. Idc...
  5. 1

Alternator stud

Ugh yep that's what I'm doing tonight....that thing fried I had a optima yellow top idk if that caused it but it's only been in the truck 1 year and my voltage gauge would bounce first 5min of running... Going to clean up the cable too...motocraft alternator...
  6. 1

Got a haynes 91-92 explorers

Anyone need help lmk
  7. 1

Buy an original ford explorer or 2nd gen new 0 miles...

Seeing how the new ford explorer is having so many problems...if ford decided to re make the original explorer or second generation would you buy a new car payment car or pass on it? Me personally I would like to see ford make another round of these vehicles...
  8. 1

Steet explorer 91_2002?

Does anyone have a explorer that has street mods? U know what I mean... Want to see something not off road.
  9. 1

1991 explorer 4.0 ohv 200+ horsepower

Trying to get 50 up out of this beast ported insulated intake manifolds... stock airbox knn ported maf even... going with headers +1lb heavy injectors plugs insulated lines no thermostat .racing radiator real small belt might do no power steering electric fan+ can do electric water pump.gapped...
  10. 1

California want to sell explorer?

Looking for 91-94 explorer for sale good condition $$$$$$$$$$$
  11. 1

explorer 4.0 ohv intake manifold / throttle body mods

Wondering if anyone has swapped out their upper and lower intake for a better one or put a bigger throttle body? If u guys know exactly what works it's for a 1991 maybe a Ford van has a similar fit but wider...
  12. 1

POST PICTURES OF LOWERED FIRST GEN X PLEASE

hard to find low first generations just want to see some nice rides 91-95
  13. 1

Chris 1991 Eddie Bauer

Lowered 3 inches front and back 95 ranger rims black Air dam Headlights side markers and modified reflectors Tint strip Mp3 toutchscreen 2 twelves and a ten led lights in gauges and everywhere Small ish new tires to go with drop hours of polishing and buffing painting on stock paint Lompoc...
  14. 1

New Explorer forum member

From lompoc in california, I am constantly improving my truck I hope to one day be at the car show level with my 91 eddie bauer. if you have any tips on how to gain easy cheap power or styling let me know.
Back