Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

00 Explorer Stalling When Stopping

So it’s the retainer/ basket thing you were talking about. The braket that holds the fuel pump and float broke off and was dangling in there. The black plastic basket thing is also just moving around in the tank. How do I fix or do I need a new tank? thanks @MrQ
  2. P

Going to drop the tank in the next few days it’s a relatively simple process I got a assembly off a donor explorer only took about a half hour (damn gas lines are so difficult to take off) Double checked for air leaks retorqued all the intake bolts checked hoses everything air wise is sealed...
  3. P

So you think my main problem is in my gas tank?
  4. P

Hey guys! I have a situation that may stump you! So the other day I was driving and I heard a noise come from the back of the truck. Also at the time my gas gauge dropped to E. After some looking around I notice something fell inside of the tank! Could this be the float module? Anyway around...
  5. P

A/C, blower motor runs, no air from vents except defrost vent.

Alright will do. Would vacuum leaks lead to poor MPG?
  6. P

Shocks or Struts? Which one?

Hey man all im saying is my stock Motorcrafts lasted far longer haha:D But its okay because i did get them half price so it was worth the money. And yeah Mbrooks420 the 9000's are really cool how they adjust stiffness but the $$ is cool too haha.
  7. P

Door lock actuator

Yes, But also it could just be the lock isnt lubricated. Get a thin screw or nail and push in the key hole so that little door opens up and get spray lithium grease with a straw or WD40 and spray it in there. Thats how my passenger one was. And if you want to open the door panel spray the whole...
  8. P

EXPLORER, 01 inner rocker panel?

If you can't find online I would suggest local junkyard or ebay for junk explorers
  9. P

Okay I will take a look. The only leak I know is there is near the washer fluid and coolant tank (on v6 4.0 SOHC). There are small tubes there and I broke one when doing spark plugs. I put a joining straw in there and taped around it but that could be it now that I think about it. I know I know...
  10. P

Door lock actuator

The driver and passenger actuators are easy to access. Loosen the two black screws above interior door handle pop out plastic piece behind door handle, use pry tool or flat screw driver (be careful) and undo plastic caps going around door from left corner down and back up to right corner...
  11. P

Would this be the case in the instance that the blower runs at idle but when accelerating (above 2.5k rpm) the blower doesnt blow through vents but returns to normal when cruising?
  12. P

Shocks or Struts? Which one?

Should be Shocks. You can simply check by looking behind the tire or just searching on autozone for the front shocks haha. I don't think they made struts for the 2000 explorer. Make sure you get some decent quality ones. I got discounted monroe shocks through rockauto and 30k later they barely...
  13. P

5r55e 4th gear to 5th gear shift issue

OD flashing means serious problems. But if the light isn't on it doesn't necessarily mean it is not throwing codes. What did you use to scan for codes? A simple OBD II scanner is more for engine codes and won't usually tell you if there is a trans problem. There's a special scanner mechanics...
  14. P

5r55e 4th gear to 5th gear shift issue

I'm no trans guru (need Glacier to come back!) but id suggest to pull the pan and see whats in the bottom. If you have chunks or metal or something then something inside of the transmission broke. But since its a shifting problem I would investigate the valve body. You can take it to a...
  15. P

Drivetrain vibration-help

If not the wheel bearings check the boots on the ball joints and tie rods. Also look at the motor mounts.
  16. P

V8 No Start

Did you see how it reacted when you hooked another car to it? (jumpstarting) Make sure there was no corrosion where that nut was that you tightened. It will cause a poor connection and possible loss of power to the starter. Work your way from the starter to the battery. Im not too familiar...
  17. P

Vibration at freeway speed - need troubleshooting help

Possibly the tie rod ends? Or the ball Joints? Just saying because you said alignment was off. If you notice the steering wheel vibrating a lot more then the body than this could definitely be a place to look. If the tie rods ends are shot they will vibrate the steering wheel at high speeds not...
  18. P

Ball joint boots

As far as I know, Upper ball joints aren't replaceable at least for the 2000 explorer (the whole ball joint or just the boot like you are looking for) Chances are if the boot ripped, and its been ripped for a while, you should replace it because it has lost the grease inside and road grime and...
  19. P

Engine Swap / Rebuild

fast_dave did message me a link to a eBay Timing kit and water pump assembly and said his coworker used this kit 5 years ago and its still running strong. I would prefer Motorcraft/Ford parts on something this important, but if this kit proves to match oem quality at half the cost then that...
  20. P

Engine Swap / Rebuild

In regards to the MPG it could be because of the donor truck body. It was a xlt like mine, but it was upgraded with the fender flares, window rain guards, and 16 inch rims. Maybe the aerodynamics play into this, not so much as the engine
  21. P

Engine Swap / Rebuild

Do you have a link to that timing kit or part number? Does it include everything I would need to swap out all the timing components that are prone to failure (with the upgraded 6 leaf design)? Okay so new timing kit, oil pump, and water pump. Head gasket would a good thing to do while the...
  22. P

Engine Swap / Rebuild

Since I had my transmission swapped from a donor 2000 explorer 4.0 SOHC into mine, Ive decided to swap the engine as well. My current engine is coming up on 240k, the parts truck has 140k miles. I have no problems with my current engine, however I do get terrible gas mileage and im just...
  23. P

01 Explorer... need advice...

The rattling could be anything by the way. When the engine doesn't get any lubrication, the metal parts rubbing dry can cause a rattling (especially the timing chains from what ive read up on and the notorious 4.0 Timing chain rattle). So the noise should disappear once you are getting fresh oil...
  24. P

01 Explorer... need advice...

If it was sludgy and thick, then it could very well have clogged up that screen. You could do the carb cleaner method (or Seafoam) to try to eat up some of that gunk if thats the case. but Id recommend taking it out and running the carb cleaner through so that way the stuff doesnt end up in the...
  25. P

01 explorer transmission issue? D/r gone

Hey, I know you messaged me about this issue. If you decide to get a rebuild done I do believe the OD Sprag is not covered in a standard rebuild which was most likely the issue with mine (same symptoms) so if you go that route make sure that is replaced (even though the shop will see a torn up...
Back