Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

00 Explorer Stalling When Stopping

Hey guys! I have a situation that may stump you! So the other day I was driving and I heard a noise come from the back of the truck. Also at the time my gas gauge dropped to E. After some looking around I notice something fell inside of the tank! Could this be the float module? Anyway around...
  2. P

Engine Swap / Rebuild

Since I had my transmission swapped from a donor 2000 explorer 4.0 SOHC into mine, Ive decided to swap the engine as well. My current engine is coming up on 240k, the parts truck has 140k miles. I have no problems with my current engine, however I do get terrible gas mileage and im just...
  3. P

Stock 2000 Explorer Radio Problems

Hey, so I have the stock explorer radio with the cd and cassette (not the mach) and basically I tried adding aux to it. I followed a guide which in I disassemble the radio, locate the pinouts on the Cd portion (which are labeled ground, left, and right conveniently) and solder on wires which...
  4. P

Big Wire Harness Under Center Console on 2000 Explorer XLT

Underneath of the center console in front of cup holders and under the hvac controls there is a big rectangle wire harness that plugs in and is bolted down. Does anyone know what this is for? I want to tap into it because I needed a 12v power source. It seems to be connected to the hvac system...
  5. P

5r55e reverse servo not straight?

if you read my other thread I lost drive and reverse on my transmission. Manual 1 and 2 work. I took apart the valve body and looked at it. All valves look good no cracks. Gaskets are fine. When I went to take out the reverse servo it was crooked. I took it out cleaned it didn’t see any debris...
  6. P

5R55E Transmission No Drive or Reverse but 1 and 2 Work

Hey guys it’s been a while! The explorer has been running great but the other day as I pulled out of the driveway the truck just disengaged. It was either shifting from second to third or third to fourth. Anyway I pulled to the side but the truck just revs in drive and reverse and does not...
  7. P

Squeaking When Rolling, Goes Away When Pressing Brake

I have a 2000 XLT and whenever I'm driving I hear this constant squeak. It starts at 25MPH and at around 50-55 MPH it goes away. If I am cruising at say 30 MPH, the squeak will constantly get louder and louder, until I lightly press the brake. Then the sound goes away. But after I depress the...
  8. P

2000 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 SOHC Tune-Up Ideas

Hey guys I'm kinda new here so I'm trying to get some advice. I've been the owner of this explorer since day one and its taken some crap. As of right now, it runs okay. it gets me from point A-B. the reason im making this thread is because right now its getting about 10 MPG, more if its a good...
Back