Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

tranny cooler

I have an 01 Sport and my tranny lines are are corroded and it looks as though i am leaking tranny fluid from my radiator. Do the 01's have the tranny coolers inside the radiator? I got an aftermarket one I am going to install to stop the leaking. I don't do any towing, no long distances, about...
  2. W

tranny cooler

I have an 01 Sport and my tranny lines are are corroded and it looks as though i am leaking tranny fluid from my radiator. Do the 01's have the tranny coolers inside the radiator? I got an aftermarket one I am going to install to stop the leaking. I don't do any towing, no long distances, about...
  3. W

01 Explorer Sport 4x4 tranny problems

Shift Kits. I just got one, going to have it put in this weekend. I got the Transgo kit. It is not a performance kit, it is an improvement over stock, shortens the time between shifts thus extending tranny life. Here is what is is from one of the write ups. "A Shift kit is an aftermarket...
  4. W

Body Lift

I got shackles. 1" I got Carrier 2" Leafs. 2" = 3" 2" Body lift. 2" --------------- 3" + 2" ----- 5" Are 4.10's not good with 35's, I would just like to have stock power back i guess, maybe a little more grunt for fun.
  5. W

Body Lift

I ordered my 2" kit yesterday, with the TT, springs, shackles it will give me 5". HELL YEAH! I think 35's and 4.10's are in my near future.
  6. W

Body Lift

Ok, I searched all over and came up with this from suspension connection. Ford 1993-94 Ranger / Splash 2wd & 4wd - 2" body lift kit. Is that what i am looking for? I hate to be a douschebag, but I really don't want to get the wrong stuff.
  7. W

Body Lift

I have a 2001 Sport and I want to add a body lift. I have read about a PA 3" body lift. Where do I get that? Also, can i cut down the pucks to 2"? I only want to go 2 more inches up. Any help will be appreciated. I searched as well.
  8. W

Factory 4.10's with LTD Slip

As far as the gears go, I don't know if that is uncommon, but it is sweet. The transmission on the other hand sucks monkey butt. Go ahead and replace the gaskets and seals in it and install a shift kit. Transgo made the one i have. there is a "sticky" thread about a 5R55E rebuild diary, check it...
  9. W

01+ lifted sports--photos

I just lifted mine 3". I am going to go up another 2" i think, tt, carrier springs, shackles and add a leafs. My drive shaft angle is very minimal. I will take some pics of my dirty ho later this week.
  10. W

Confused

Weird man. I was expecting to see something normal. NOPE!
  11. W

Confused

My axel code on my door says 46 D3. WTF? I have seen D2, D4 and all that, but never a D3. Any help?
  12. W

Swap

I want to swap my 01 SOHC transmission to a 01 manual transmission, or there abouts. Is this a hard thing to do? What will I need, and what should I use?
  13. W

Sho

Has anyone ever or ever attempted to put Taurus SHO seats in their Explorer? I am thinking about doing this for comfort and because my seat is jacked up.
  14. W

Any Xplorer clubs near Baltimore, MD?

WOO HOO! I win, Mechanicsville/Lexington Park MD. somd.
  15. W

Need More low end

are used flashers something i can get used?
  16. W

Need More low end

I have a flowmaster 40 now and a KKM intake. I do beleive i have 3.73 gears.
  17. W

Need your opinion.

I hate the birds that eat the blue or red colored berries. Nasty stain. I just took my truck out at lunch and drove it through a bunch of mud puddles. haha, not helping myself much.
  18. W

Need More low end

I just put on steel wheels and some 32x11.50x15 tires. I noticed it was pretty sluggish, I need more low end power. What should I do, i want some a chip, but i want something that is not too involved, ie. taking out ecu and all that, help me.
  19. W

Need your opinion.

I got them on. I will take pics tonight and post some links tomorrow. I warn you now, my truck is filthy, I don't want to wash it right now because of the rain.
  20. W

Need your opinion.

I really like the letter slicing. I am always looking for a new and interesting reason to punch someone in the neck. I lifted it using Carrier Stock +2 Leafs and warrior shackles in the rear, up front i was able to twist 3" out of the bars, I am retty sure it could go another inch. It looks...
  21. W

Lifted, need longer shocks

I have an 01 Sport Lifted 3"s I am going to be disconnecting my sway bar for some wheeling and i need a longer shock as my shocks limit my rear travel. Are there any suggestions, I do not want to break the bank, just something a little longer.
  22. W

Need your opinion.

I need to get them mounted and balanced, then an alignment. I will take some pics when they are finally on. Right now i have a 3" suspension lift so i think it will look pretty good.
  23. W

Need your opinion.

That is what everyone else is saying. I guess i am a weird one.
  24. W

Need your opinion.

I have a black 01 Sport with black 15" wheels and I just got my Kumho m/t's. My question is....What would look better, white letter out or black letter out. I have always liked the look of the white out, but my truck is black on black on black with a little bit of dirt. Please just give me a...
  25. W

Sliders

anyone?
Back