Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Anyone know where to find this body panel?

I've replaced the rocker panels, now I need to replace the panel just in front of the rear wheel. It Here's a pic, same year and color of my vehicle(just in better shape) The panel I need is circled in green.
  2. M

Anyone have SafeLite replace a lift gate glass?

I opened the rear lift gate glass on my explorer, when I did one of the screws/bolts that on the top hinge came out and the shock pushed it up on that side. Needless to say it shattered into 10,000 pieces. I've had trouble with the screws loosening up before, this is the first time one popped...
  3. M

Replaced Oil Pan Gasket. Found Pieces of Plastic.

Actually did. Two pieces of plastic sitting right there in the oil pan. They look like pieces of either the timing chain guide or the jack-shaft chain tensioner. Thing is, the engine runs fine, there are no noises or anything that would indicate a problem with the timing chain. I bought this...
  4. M

Anyone know how this thing attaches?

How does this thing clip on? It's the retaining clip for the Case Connector harness(16 pin connector) on the side of my 5r55e trans. I keep getting sporadic trouble codes, but if I plug this connector back in fully the codes go away. It holds the blue connector plug onto this 16 pin harness...
  5. M

Rebuild myself or Re-manufactured?

I think my trans problem is due to a defective valve body. Should I buy a remanufactured VB or can it be easily rebuilt? Shift Rite has one that's ready to bolt on including all gaskets for $229.99, not sure how much it would cost to rebuild it myself, or if it's something I want to attempt...
  6. M

New Member - MostlyNewExplorer

MostlyNewExplorer here. I call myself that, because I've put so many parts on my 2000 Sport that's its mostly new. lol I've got thread over in the Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorer forum now describing my current issue. Thanks for taking time to look.
  7. M

2000 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC 5R55E Won't Upshift

The vehicle in the title. 5R55E Transmission. First I had the OD light blinking every now and then(for a long time) then the trans started to slip a little when I first put it in gear in the mornings, but was fine once I got going, so I added a little ATF, and all was well, then it started...
Back