Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

It's gotta be there...

You know what? I want to thank you for the heads up on the place in Sequim. If we'd go by recommendations non of us would be taking our cars to smucks who say it's a cat. converter when it's really a broken sparkplug. True story. It was my car. Spent almost $400 and had to take it back. Still...
  2. O

It's gotta be there...

It was in my case. I met Mr. Baihl at O'Reily's in Port Orchard, there by Safeway. He told me he normally only works on rods and race cars but he has a thing for Explorers. He calls his business Grumpy's Rod...he's probably the best mechanic I've ever had work on one of my cars. And he's honest...
  3. O

My 93 is back!

My 93 is back!
  4. O

It's gotta be there...

Oh and to let you know, I did end up buying new. Hadn't seen your answer, but it made little sense to buy used for a switch. They aren't cheap but there's alot of wires in a turn signal switch, lots to go bad...so I agree def. get new.
  5. O

It's gotta be there...

Great answer. Still chuckling. But I do have an update on this. I finally humbly handed my rig over to Grumpy, (not trying to be funny...that's his "mechanic" name). He found a burnt head light switch, 2 grounds not hooked up, wiring under the dash wired wrong, (for I think the amp under back...
  6. O

It's gotta be there...

Thank you for the support. Believe me it helps the frustration to know one isn't the only trying to figure something like this out. I get really emotional when I don't understand how certain things work well enough to fig. out how to fix em and this auto electrical problem is ...I'm hell bent on...
  7. O

It's gotta be there...

Thank you so much! Your response was like a breath of fresh air. I still haven't found my problem but I will. The more I look for it the more I learn about my auto's electrical side and that learning has to eventually lead to an answer or 2+2 can't be 4. You've given me 3 areas to look. Prior to...
  8. O

It's gotta be there...

As a new 1993 Explorer owner, I'm having issues regarding my brake lights, turn signals and 4 way fuses blowing as soon as I replace them. I have chk'd the wiring head to toe, replaced brake switch, replaced fuse panel flasher, even had my chk'ing checked by two others. I AIN'T FINDING THE SHORT...
  9. O

Whining Noise When Accelerating

Wow, if a 2016 Explorer whines maybe it's just beefier than most or something. I had a '77 F250 that whined and never did fig. it out, but it never really gave me a problem and after a while I just got used to it. The 1st thing I keep telling myself is "this is a truck" and built to work harder...
  10. O

Whining Noise When Accelerating

I'm a newby who also has a whiner. Mine is a 1993 and I've only owned it a couple of weeks. It has lots of power. Doesn't seem to slip, or lug down but the whining still worries me. I've chk'd all engine fluids. Added about 3/4 qt. tranny fluid but oil and power steering are good. The noise...
  11. O

I'm a newby. I recently bought a 1993 Ford Explorer that I'm trying to learn about. I do much of...

I'm a newby. I recently bought a 1993 Ford Explorer that I'm trying to learn about. I do much of my own mechanicing upto rebuilding...
Back