Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Explorer 2nd row console install

I contacted Benny, he confirmed that the best option available right now is the Ebony with Black stitching. Thanks for the suggestion. That make me feel like I made the best decision that I could at the time.
  2. X

Noise in front two door speakers

Just wanted to update everyone on what the dealer/ford said about this issue. They basically aren't going to do anything. They said it is a characteristic of the vehicle. They also found that all Sync3 explorers do it, regardless of trim level.
  3. X

Can't find audio line in on 2017 platinum

OK, I'm still at a loss here for how to connect the sound output (think of it like the 3.5mm headphone output) to the Sync3 audio system. I ordered this from Amazon...
  4. X

Couldn't find that the black with white stiching is available for purchase after the fact to get an exact match to the front console, so I went with the black with black stitching like the picture above. It looks great! Ordered from autonation, best price anywhere, shipped in 2 days arrived...
  5. X

Great, thanks for the feedback. I'll look for something and report back how it works.
  6. X

I'm thinking it might have been removed, can't find a 3.5mm aux input anywhere. If true, what is the best option for connecting legacy DVD players to sound system? Is there some kind of Bluetooth transmitter? Or is there such a thing as a male 3.5mm to USB adapter? Thanks in advance.
  7. X

Thanks for checking that. Mine and the one we checked at the dealer are very noticeable sound. maybe as others check we will have a better picture of it is wide spread or isolated.
  8. X

Thanks alot for verifying that info. It appears that only two consoles are available for 2016/2017 model year. Black with black stitching and black with red stitching. Anyone out there with 2016/2017 non sport trim, with a factory installed 2nd row console, that can confirm it has stitching...
  9. X

Hi Rickepnet, Would you please confirm if the console you installed with the part number GB5Z-78045A36-AA has white or black stitching? The front console on our 2017 Platinum is black leather with white stitching and would like the 2nd row console to match the front. From my research the GB5Z...
  10. X

Thanks Peter. I also thought about noise cancelling system, but the fact that I can turn it on and off with screen intensity makes me thing that it is some coupling between the screen and the audio system. If you turn yours on (but don't start the engine), set your display to night and put...
  11. X

Hi all, this is my first post. On Halloween night, we bought our new 2017 Platinum. Drove it home and pulled in the garage and shut off the engine. Then I pressed the on button so I could look at all of the menu's in sync3 and learn the system. So with the engine off and car on, there is a...
Back