Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Trying to locate a part number or name for a specific door seal

I did both sides very recently. THis was ordered from an E-Bay store. New Genuine Ford Explorer Rear Door Front Weatherstrip Left OE BB5Z7825325B
  2. M

Rust!

Yup. The initial repair and now.
  3. M

Rust!

So, Ford paid for skins for both read doors. Ex was about 18 months old at the time. Spring cleaning this weekend: rust is back.
  4. M

Change to the displays.

That was it. Thank you. Michael
  5. M

Change to the displays.

Will ask them tomorrow. Transmission work was because they used 5 liters of fluid in total to do a flush. I had to add 1.5 liters to get it to register. It was not shifting well, and it had been a long time since I had smelt burnt trany fluid... Thanks.
  6. M

Change to the displays.

Hi Peter, The one in the picture is the one I like. Now all it has is Fuel, and speed. There are a total of six options. The only split is Fuel and Engine temp.
  7. M

Change to the displays.

So I have lost my default display. It was speed, fuel and tachometer. And it is not available as a choice. ( I found an online picture, so I have not lost my mind). Has anyone else noticed this? The dealer has been playing with my Explorer a lot over the last bit, including rebuilding the...
  8. M

Moonroof opens by itself

I know, but if it starts I can stop it before the snow falls in.
  9. M

Moonroof opens by itself

True, but I like the vent when there is extra moisture in the cabin and the temperature is dropping.
  10. M

Moonroof opens by itself

It still happens. I keep the shade closed, since it has to open first...
  11. M

I would send you a PM if I could figure out how: I have a Ford MPP, and I am wondering about how...

I would send you a PM if I could figure out how: I have a Ford MPP, and I am wondering about how to extend it? Thanks in advance.
  12. M

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Just got my 2017 back from the dealer. They found a bubble in the clear coat when it came back, and sent it back to the body shop. New hood after 4 days. Mud on the driver's side door sill, 82 Kilometres to drive across the street twice and the Explorer smelt of Shawarma and cigarettes...
  13. M

Text messages on the screen no more?

On your phone, there is a setting that lets SYNC display notifications....
  14. M

Turning indicator light (2017) sometimes does not work

Sometimes the left front bulb does not light up and I get the fast flash signal (bulb out) when using my indicators. Because it is intermittent, I need to hope it happens near my dealership, or so I was told by my adviser. Has anyone had this happen with the solid-state lighting in the newer...
  15. M

Moonroof opens by itself

Yup, had the problem too. Opened a thread on it a while back.
  16. M

Liftgate window shattered

So my Explorer was in getting the rust fixed on both read doors, (new skins), and I mentioned to my service advisor about my rear window. Known problem at that dealer. They have done a lot of replacements on Explorers and Edges. And that windshield warranty is 1 year, but all other glass is 3...
  17. M

Thanks for putting this in the right bin. This was the Gatineau Costco. (now the $250 dollar store, deductible). Was not very cold, no defrost on. There is a complaint on the NHTSA site for this. I will mention it to the dealer, but strange.
  18. M

So my rear window shattered on the weekend. I was walking up to it at Costco, and hit the remote open. Then I heard what sounded like ice falling off the back. It was the glass. I have no idea what happened. Any thoughts?
  19. M

Moonroof opens by itself

I have been keeping the shade closed. I think there is an interlock that would keep the glass closed if the shade is in place.
  20. M

water pump

Mine too. I am at 50 k, and the level in an inch below the low line. No foam in the oil cap....
  21. M

2014 explorer 4WD XLT - tire replacement

Following...
  22. M

2018 / 19 XLT Explorer engine cover?

You can buy one. I did because a mouse eat through it.
  23. M

2016 Explorer Crazy Transmission Issue

I have the same issue with a 2017. I will note it at the next service so they can track it. Michael
Back