Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Service Recommendations - 2017 Sport (60k miles)

I had an oil change last week , I have a 2017 Sport that I purchased brand new and the dealer recommended the following services. I checked in the manual and these aren't listed as recommended services so am trying to see which one of these are actually required or just completely unnecessary...
  2. Z

Center console USB port timeout

I just purchased a Motorola MA-1, does anyone know if the center compartment USB is always on or does it shut off during a certain amount of time?
  3. Z

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

Looks like there were some instructions posted on F150Forum to upgrade V3 to 3.4. I don't have the time to try this just yet but anyone else interested in taking the plunge? Upgrade Sync 3 V3.0 to V3.4 instructions - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans
  4. Z

Tesla Style Headunit

I know I have read something on here where a few members have installed the Tesla style screen to replace the stock headunit. How is it holding up? Do you have any regrets? Was installation pretty straightforward? I am curious to see how it has held up.
  5. Z

Knocking sound coming from liftgate area

When the vehicle is parked I noticed there is a sound that comes from the rear passenger side/lift gate window area. It is a tapping noise, I have noticed it mainly when the vehicle is at a stand still and not moving...the air conditioning is not on and the sound happens both when the vehicle...
  6. Z

Android auto GPS

Does anybody know if Android Auto uses the built in antenna (that SYNC3 navigation uses) or if it still uses the GPS in the phone? Just curious how well this would do on roadtrips where the phone may lose signal and the maps are downloaded. Also, does anyone know what the amp output is of the...
  7. Z

What tire pressure are you running?

What pressure is everyone running their tires at? I have some Michelin Defenders that were installed and they were filled up to about 42-44 PSI which I think might be a bit too much. I am looking for what is optimal for MPG. Thanks.
  8. Z

Air filter element?

My recent inspection report stated I should replace my cabin air filter and replace the air filter element. Can someone point me to what the cabin air filter element is? Thanks.
  9. Z

3 bar map sensor model number differences

Hi all, I purchased a 3 bar map sensor from Rock Auto but the model number ends in AC instead of AB. Does anyone know if it will be fine to use with the livernois tune? Model AA5A-9F479-AC Thanks.
  10. Z

Engine Air Filter Replacement (How To Video Added)

I searched and could not find anything about this. My dealership recommended that I have the engine air filter replaced. I do live in a dusty environment and the Explorer just hit 15k miles. Is this an easy replacement if I wanted to do it myself? (Is it different than the cabin air filter?)...
  11. Z

Steering wheel squeal

Hi all, When making a left hand turn at low speeds (10-15mph), I can hear a squeal (or sound of two rubber pieces rubbing against each other) when listening to the steering wheel, is this common as well or do I need to have it looked at?
  12. Z

Rear view mirror wiring diagram

I tried to search and could not find anything regarding this. I just purchased the following and was wondering if anyone had the diagram to show which wire is the ground (assuming black) and which wire is the one that provides power so I can hook this into the connector on the back of the RVM...
Back