Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

M62 on 1995 4.0 ohv

Just wondering the efforts and tools required to mounting a GM 3800 Eaton m62 on my explorer 4.0 OHV v6. I know I need a custom adapter, what else? Say I get it bolted on and a belted, would it need to be tuned differently? Is it worth the trouble or should I sell it, bought it for $110
  2. G

95-01 halo projectors

Hello! I was wondering if anyone here knew If the halo bulbs in the spec d lights that are for the 2nd gen Explorer are replaceable and if so how? Thanks in advancd
  3. G

No torque converter lockup. No ideA

hey guys. I’ve been posting a lot recently. I just really need to figure this out. I realized that I don’t have any lockup what so ever. My last transmission did, but since I’ve installed this one I don’t recall it ever locking up the converter, this causing 628. I have instinct feeling that it...
  4. G

Code 628. Solid tranny

ive had this code since I put this $400 transmission in back in March . Shifts fine. Solid tranny. Unknown miles though. Goes away and comes back. Usually when I take the freeway it doesn’t happen. Taking the back roads it happens about twice (I usually stop and clear it because I drive about 40...
  5. G

95 issues, help plz :)

hey all, so I have a few issues going on with this explorer of mine, first off. The most annoying is that my o/d light is flashing throwing the code 628 if I ain’t mistaken “torque converter slippage” transmission shifts fine though, haven’t noticed any issue with torque converter Or whatsoever...
  6. G

Factory gold ford emblem?!

soni went to pick n pull today and came across a 98 explorer Limited oxford white I think with a nice light gold pearlescent. It had gold emblems including “limited” on the back and the belt trim and the ford emblems were gold too! The word wasn’t gold but the outer rim which would normally be...
  7. G

O/D off flashing, No trouble codes but 111

newer transmission with no known issues. Only code is 111 which is system is ok, but then I started it up and it was flashing. Reset the code and did the same thing. I initially had code 539 539 (O) System shows voltage at PCM pin 10 Is A/C on ? But then turned off fan and it changed to...
  8. G

95 Transmission help

alright, so yesterday was the day. I pulled in to a spot a plaid and when I came bakx(I left the car running) put it in reverse, horrible clunking and binding happened whilst barely moving and then I couldn’t roll back, my rear wheels are locked up or something from moving. I put it in neutral...
  9. G

‘95 Explorer - O/D off flashing

So today I was on my way to work when I got ont he highway I noticed that my o/d off light started flashing for the first time since I’ve owned it. It still drove but when I downshift from 2nd - 1st it clunked really bad, the first time it did the abs kicked in. The only shifts that are bad are...
  10. G

Stereo Problem - Protect Mode - HELP!!

So I know this probably isn’t the best place to ask, but I just got a brand new kenwood stereo from Walmart about 3 months ago and Having problems, I got in the explorer this morning and I try to listen to my phone but there was a message that said “requiring check wiring” so I was wondering...
  11. G

97 mounty trunk molding on 95 explorer (pics)

Heyyo so I went to pick n pull a few weeks back and i found a 97 mercury mountaineer and picked off a spoiler and the rear molding. I got home and realized that I had to remove my emblems. And well I did, I just used some heavy duty dbl sided tape to tape on the emblems and the molding and then...
  12. G

Mercury mountaineer rear tail lamp molding on explorer (pics)

Heyyo so I went to pick n pull a few weeks back and i found a 97 mercury mountaineer and picked off a spoiler and the rear molding. I got home and realized that I had to remove my emblems. And well I did, I just used some heavy duty dbl sided tape to tape on the emblems and the molding and then...
  13. G

Steering wheel interchange

i just pulled a nice 98 explorer Eddie Bauer two spoke steering wheel and was wondering if it would fit on my 95 Eddie Bauer?
  14. G

98+ mounty front end on explorer?

So I really like the mountaineer front end of the later models, and I've been reading up on it, just to be clear, all I have to do is get a header panel from a mounts and the grille and headlights, and that's all there is to it? Also has anybody dont this, is there a thread, I've got a 95 explorer
  15. G

Light switch shortage weird

Hey all so yeaterday I was getting home and my explorer stayed on with the key in it, and i didn't know what happened, until I found out this
  16. G

European Limited and Eddie?

Hey, I browse the web a lot and I stumbled upon this picture. Thoughts? I am kind of wanting to do this to my Eddie. From the looks though it looks stock.
  17. G

How much is it worth?

hey guys just wanted to see how much you guys think my 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer is worth. Mileage 158,x.. Engine: Completely stock 4.0 OHV AC blows cold Heat blows hot K&N drop in filter with removed air box Painted some of the plastic covers too Tranny has no problems, overhauled...
  18. G

Rear hatch, part replace

hey guys I don't know what this part is called. But I got it beat up and I need it replaced how do I take it off and what's it called
  19. G

Brake problem

Hey guys, so just recently I noticed my brake light pops on sometimes. It only pops on when I slam hard on the brakes (which is what I do all the time). Could've it been me trying to do burnouts, it doesn't affect the way I drive, besides seeing the light. Any suggestions? My car had brake...
  20. G

Muffler upgrade

Hey guys, does anybody know of any good cheap and cheap easy to install mufflers for a 95 explorer, preferably clamp on. Also good sounding, cheap would be the total being under $50
  21. G

95 auto headlights

does anybody know of a way or If I can get automatic headlights for my 95 explorer Eddie? I was at the store the other day and I parked in front of a sport that had its lights on and shortly went off, assuming it had automatic headlights.. THANKS IN ADVANCED!
  22. G

Thinking about lift

new to heavily modding things and was thinking about a 1-2 lift front and rear suspension wise, I have no idea how much or what brand or anything to do for this, I know it's not good to cheap out on this stuff, but my budget Isn't very high, talking probably the most $100, me only 16 and working...
  23. G

How To | Paint Faded Chrome Molding

hey guys, so I have a 95 Eddie Bauer and I've got the tan with chrome plastic molding, the chrome is completely faded and ugly. I was looking for threads on if people painted this but I couldn't find anything so here is my thread on how to do this. Here's what it looked like before, Not the...
  24. G

Remove silencer OHV?

can someone help me, I've heard of a a lot of people removing their silencers on th air box but I don't know how or where it is, help?
  25. G

Post your Window Stickers!

Hey guys, I just thought I'd share this with you, after I got my ex, I was rummaging round in the glove box and long behold, my ex had a window sticker. I just thought that this was interesting and worth sharing what my ex has to offer, pretty low end Eddie Bauer I'd say
Back