Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

I got my emblems from Tim (Downatthebuilding) as well but a couple months later, I got chips in the paint. I can understand that could happen in the front but I got it in the back emblem too. Oh well...
  2. E

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

You should paint the exhaust trim pieces black as well. :)
  3. E

Looks like the tips for the Borla are just straight pipes and the Livernois ones are bigger which requires you to remove the trim pieces.
  4. E

Looks like the Borla exhaust doesn't require the removal of the exhaust trim pieces on the bumper whereas the exhaust from Livernois does?
  5. E

The black tips look great Randy! Going to get mine done this week. :)
  6. E

2016 Explorer Sport Gloss Black Powdercoated Exhaust Trim Pieces

Forgot to update that these have been sold.
  7. E

It's $20 via UPS ground and would take about a week.
  8. E

I'll try to get that to you tomorrow.
  9. E

2016-17 Sport / Platinum Exhaust Tips

Those black ones ARE from a 2016. I bought them from member drudis and he removed them from his 2016. They didn't fit on my 2017.
  10. E

Scroll up and ready my post #27. These are from a 2016 and didn't fit on my 2017.
  11. E

I bought these from a member thinking they would fit my 2017 Sport but for some odd reason the inside mounting tab of the 2016 pieces are different from the 2017. I got them powdercoated gloss black and went to install them yesterday but they wouldn't fit. I bought them for $50 and paid $60...
  12. E

You can always buy the ones I just got powdercoated and replace yours?
  13. E

I think if I straightened out that tab, it'll end up being longer than mine.
  14. E

Apparently the 2016 and 2017 exhaust trim pieces aren't exactly the same. One of the mounting brackets is a little different. I bought the ones above from drudis and got the black powder coated and just tried installing them but couldn't. If you look at the first pic of my stock piece, the...
  15. E

Those look great. Definitely a great deal. I had wanted mine to be all gloss black background with matte Ford lettering so I used the other seller who custom painted them. Problem is, I already got two chips in the paint and they're only a couple weeks old. :(
  16. E

Only a 14-15 gallon tank?- MY17

Not sure we can compare a stock car to a tuned one. And I know the DTE is based on the last tank but one of my trips was an all freeway drive for over 5 hours from NorCal to SoCal and when I filled up, the DTE still dropped. The return trip was the same. Most of my driving week over week is...
  17. E

Only a 14-15 gallon tank?- MY17

Reviving an old thread but been scratching my head at my MPG as well. Car currently has about 1690 miles. I had noticed that my DTE kept dropping after each fill up with the most current one only showing about 230 miles. I had only driven 58 miles since the last fill-up and needed to pump...
  18. E

Look at post #230 by DMG632. The fourth pic down shows what the rear badge looks like when it's removed. It does have a couple of pins and some black tabs that snaps into the trunk. The black badges I got also had the same pins to align.
  19. E

Anyone know what brand running boards these are?

He might have had different running boards on the same car. Saw another post of this car with Hamann wheels. I haven't even seen any boards with the same design or pattern in any other finish.
  20. E

Anyone know what brand running boards these are?

Yeah I PM'ed the member but never heard back. Been scouring a bunch of sites from my Google searches and haven't found it. Most likely a European brand like you said but still hoping I can find it.
  21. E

Thanks! One minor annoyance though, at certain angles, I can see the white double sided tape behind the SPORT badge. ha
  22. E

Finally got my badges installed today. Started on it last night but didn't catch the part about using a deep well socket. Spent like 10 mins trying to force a regular size socket to fit. LOL Had to go to two Home Depots this morning to get the right socket and also picked up a mini crow bar...
  23. E

2017 Explorer Sport - The new family truckster

Thanks so much for the details.
Back