Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Craigerz

Where does this lil guy go?

Was doing some tune up stuff and noticed this piece hanging. It’s had to have been off for awhile now because I don’t ever remember seeing it before. What does it do and where does it go? It doesn’t really seem to have a place that the wires can stretch to.
  2. Craigerz

4406 Rear Seal

So I have the 4406 swap. Now after a few years the rear seal is leaking. Nothing major, slight drips, just want it fixed. I'm not really sure what the tcase came out of and I think the driveshaft was out of an Expedition. I can look up a mid 90's F-150 or 250s and find a 4406 seal but there are...
  3. Craigerz

Fuel pump?

Chasing down a gremlin. Had to replace the radiator the other day. Had a leak. Didn't over heat was just leaking. Went to start it up and it was running rough. Like a miss/vacuum leak. I had to take off the intake tube to get the radiator in and out so I assumed I left something unplugged. Shut...
  4. Craigerz

Almost done... I think

Everyone had a good laugh the day this backed into the driveway
  5. Craigerz

Vibration on the highway

Good afternoon, Took a trip recently to the beach. It was about 300 miles there. Spent the day driving on the beach in HI 4WD. 4406. Nothing hard, no getting stuck no deep water crossings. I didn't even get the tires wet actually. I did air down to about 16 PSI because the sand was dry. Other...
  6. Craigerz

Raptor

Well it went from 105 to 50. That’s TX for you. Was too cold to do anything else but I got a start on what I could do in my tiny garage. Have spent the past 2 weeks sanding and removing trim. Bondo the holes on the bottom where the running boards were connected.
  7. Craigerz

New Speakers

Have my door panels off and was just curious if putting new aftermarket speakers alone would make any huge difference. Everything's stock and would not be replacing anything but the door speakers.
  8. Craigerz

Exhaust Manifold Bolts

So I bit the bullet and went with some OBX headers. Got them installed but need some advice. After burning out 3 sets of gaskets on my first 302, I invested in the stage 8 bolts with the washer and clip so they cant back out. With this being the 4th set of headers I've done on SB Fords I have...
  9. Craigerz

Curious about sensors

Putting a new bumper on. Wondering what all there’s plugs and sensors do. Positive those are the airbag sensors.
  10. Craigerz

Front Shock Top Nut

How tight should this be? The one with the rubber grommets on the top. I've only found one post that says not too tight, and all the YouTube videos the guys crank them all the way down snug.
  11. Craigerz

Where’s my electrical guys

For the past 6 months I’ve had a drain on my battery. If I let it sit for more than a week it’s dead. I’ve taken the battery and had it tested and they said it was good. Firgured I might have a alt issue since I’ve replaced it. So I did the “short” test. Put a test light in between the neg...
  12. Craigerz

Voltage/Alt gauge

Anyone care to explain what this thing actually tells you? Is it how charged your battery is, how much the alternator is charging (and if so wtf does that mean), where should it be, why does it move at all? Not having a problem just don’t have a use for a gauge I don’t even know what does.
  13. Craigerz

What are my options?

Have a cracked exhaust manifold on the drivers side. Use to quiet down after it got warm but its slowly taking longer and longer. I have the GT-40 heads with internal EGR. I've been reading for about 4 hours I'm over it. What are my options for this? I would like to steer clear of the Dorman...
  14. Craigerz

Front Locker

Ill post the question first in case you don't feel like reading and just know the answer. With the Lock Right front locker do the c clips on the front CV shafts stay on or do they come off before installing. So I have the Lock Right locker up front. It does its job when needed but isn't the...
  15. Craigerz

How Far can you drive with a broke CV

About this far....
  16. Craigerz

Head Gasket

Well my family has a 92 F-150 that’s been passed down and passed around since it was new. 302 with the E4OD 2WD. 330k miles now. My mom was driving it a month ago and the radiator cracked and it blew a head gasket. I know this because I just pulled them off. First head job I’ve done. Any...
  17. Craigerz

2nd Transmission Cooler

Looking at relocating the factory cooler and adding an additional inline cooler. Need some opinions here. I would like to relocate the factory cooler some where besides in front of the radiator. In doing so I am hoping to have that much less heat pushing through the radiator. I would like to...
  18. Craigerz

Spark Plug Wire Color and Routing

Hello All, Back from working out of state all summer and came home to a burn wire on the Ex. Happened at the off road park last weekend. Found some MC on rock auto for cheap ( the other ones had less than 10k miles on them, guess I didn't route them good enough)...
  19. Craigerz

Intertia Switch Help

So I have searched around and know what is what. I have the fuel reset light coming on. It hasn't had any effect on the truck stalling or not running. The weirdest thing is as soon as all the doors are shut, it goes off. Open a door and its on. As soon as they are closed again it goes off. All...
  20. Craigerz

Message Center

So I took out my center console permanently. The 6 disc changer was being crazy and I started with that and moved forward. While I was putting the ceramic insulation on floor with the interior out, I found out from another post which wires were what to get my two rear speakers back up and...
  21. Craigerz

Being towed

Now that I have the 4406 installed can I safely be towed on all 4 wheels with an AT or is that still a no go? I'm not needing a tow but was just curious now.
  22. Craigerz

Hot floor advice?

Got back from a recent trip. Long story short I took out all the carpet and “rhino lined” the floors. It gets hot AF now. Any advice or suck it up?
  23. Craigerz

CPS replacement

Throwing the CPS code. Clear it and its back in about 2 or 3 starts. I have one in my garage I took off the truck that was still good (the top part that plugs in). I replaced all of it when I did the tune up, the long gear driven distributor looking part. It came with the tool to line it up...
  24. Craigerz

CV seal

So my passenger side CV seal is leaking. Going to pull the CV this weekend and replace it. Can anyone confirm a part number for me? 97 Dana 35 IFS
  25. Craigerz

Dual Batteries

Just got an isolator fuses wires and what not to install a second battery in the back to run a cooler, 750 watt inverter, and hard wire my compressor to. I got the 200 amp solenoid type and 4awg wire. I already have a 200 amp alt on it. I had an idea to run the ignition on off wires from the...
Back