Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Wanted Wanted

My 2001 explorer sportrac needs a 1354 transfer case. I am in bismarck nd.. I have found them online everywhere but here near. Parts yards here nothing.. I could actually use a whole parts vehicle..
  2. B

Transfer case chain

Hi I used transfer case white stick 4405-05-000-015 to order at case chain then I saw the metal tag with numbers 02602 1354-29. I may have screwed up.. are the chains the same for both??
  3. B

oil pump pics

This pump is out of my 2.9. I had crappy oil pressure at idle and suspicious engine noises after running at higher rpms. It does not look good. What is that groove for on one half of the pump? It has some gunk in it about a quarter inch from its end and there is all the black glaze stuff...
  4. B

1989 Ranger dealer sticker

This is the original window sticker that was on my Ranger. The original owner saved it with the paper work in the glove box. It is really a neat piece of history for this truck. The pic is kind of fuzzy in some areas, but you can read the details. The total price without the discounts...
  5. B

I had to become Elite again.

I am in the red again..Wow.. time sure flys away or life gets busy.. I was a wandering member and did not keep up my Eliteness... I would check back in from time to time. There sure are some nice additions on this Forum. I have sadly parted with my 95 Sport..It is still my avatar. I did...
  6. B

hammering 2.9 lifter

:us: Hey guys...I recently bought 89 ranger 4x4 with the 2.9. The engine has about 5000 miles on it after a complete rebuild. There are 1 or 2 lifters that hammers loud after I do some highway speeds( 60 to 70 mph for a couple of miles. I can sit and ilde and they quiet down. I have had...
  7. B

89 F-150 xlt Lariet fuel pump problems

Hey guys..heres the problem..there are 2 tanks..the rear and side(aux) the rear tank /pump works fine.When I flip the switch for the front tank,the guage drops to E(it is empty)swithch seems to work?but the pump does not kick in. I used a battery charger and jumped the pegs on pump and it spun...
  8. B

Misfire after fuel pump install

My 95 4.0 has developed a strong and intermittent misfire on acceleration since installing a new fuel pump. It ran fine for a day,in town without any problems. I went on a short road trip at 75 mph speeds and then the miss started. It only misses when stomping on the pedal to gain/maintain...
  9. B

DOA Sport

Hello all My 95 Sport coughed up its fuel pump:roll:..Does anyone know what type of fuel pump goes into the 18 gal tank. There are 2 types and maybe 3 according to a thread I found. I would like to get the pump before I drop the tank and cuz my transportation is limited..one shot to...
  10. B

CPS drive removal problems

Does anyone have any ideas on getting the drive unit to freeup and get pulled out? I removed the keeper bolt/bracket and I can wiggle it around just a little and then nothing. It should pull straight up and out like a distributor style...?? I can get at it good enough without taking the upper...
  11. B

Input Shaft bearing problems????

I have had an intermittent rotation sounding squeek coming from the bell housing area of my 5-speed trans..I figured it was the clutch release bearing...I replaced the bearing and installed a new clutch..i noticed there was some play with the input shaft, but thought nothing of it because it did...
  12. B

Non-removable clutch release bearing???

I am in the middle of replacing my clutch and noticed the slave cylinder has been replaced by an I.M.C. brand..#DB07RN602A...The release bearing went bad..thus the clutch change :rolleyes: ..I cannot pull the old bearing off..there is a molded plastic ring on the end that will not allow the...
  13. B

New 33's on the X

I finally bought some 33x12.5x15's They are Dayton Timberlines with a 50,000 mile warranty. I think I got a good deal at $504.00 mounted and balanced :thumbsup: I had some 15x8 chrome progressive rims that were beginning to show their age so I refurbished them. I taped off about 2 inches...
  14. B

Intermittant Engine No Starts

On several occasions the X will not start after driving it around for awhile. I let it sit for a few minutes and it starts right up! There is fuel and pressure in the rail, all dash power is on and engine cranks over. These symptems started after I unplugged my Message Center to reset...
  15. B

Is there T-Case adjustment?

I scanned 355 forum posts with the search and still have no Positive answer! Figured i would tell ya I did use the Search. Ha.. Does the Transfer case on my 95 Sport have any sort of adjustments to aid in its shifting between high and low range? When I engage Low range it sounds like...
  16. B

My 3" body lift

Its a beginning.A 3" body lift combined with the torsion twist lift. It sure was a P.I.T.A. to raise the bumpers, being the first time for me. I had to remove the message center I installed a couple of months ago so that my 5-speed shifter had enough room to shift. I suppose I will have the...
  17. B

Sport with rear tire carrier

I found an aftermarket swing out tire carrier on a 88 BII in a wrecking yard a couple of days ago" you can see the difference in the hinge brakets/mounts" and got the bug to install it. I had to do some modifications to the carrier latch.." cut it apart, lengthen it down and offset the top...
  18. B

Seals leaking on rear axle

I have the beautifulsight of diff oil dripping on the bottom of my rear brake disk,splattered inside of my rim, dripping down the tire. Ok..question...this is the outer most seal on my axle housing..Right? I ask because of statements made while buying seal that there are 2 seals on each side of...
  19. B

Who is the Smart Guy?!!!!

Who is the smart guy that can tell me if I can use my stock ("non cd") tape player in a 95 X with a clarion 5 cd changer in my console. Is there a way to utilize any buttons/components on my stock head unit to inteface with the changer. I want to keep a tape deck( otherwise I would just install...
  20. B

M/C install with 5-speed DONE !

Well, I finally finished the customized install. Many of you know that a Message Center and console from an automatic does fit into a 5-speed manual floor shift area. I have proved the Ford Design Team wrong on this one with a little bit of ceativity and not much materials.I have posted some...
  21. B

911 or can you help

Heres a pic--I hope! I have loosened the bolt at the bottom of the shift lever to get it off of the trans.but it does not budge..can not get the lever off...any pointers? It does not seem to want to twist out with the threads?
  22. B

5-Speed Shift Lever

Well, I cut it off, now I am in big do-do..mess..
  23. B

Rear Tire Carriers

oK..my eyes are like this after searching the threads :eek: :confused: . Has anyone completed a rear carrier conversion from another donor type vehicle onto the 2nd Gen X. I am interested in the BII convers. I have beefed them up some and carried 33's forever on these without major...
  24. B

Fuzz8269

I purchased a Message Center and wires from Fuzz8269 and the transaction went perfect. I sent the Money, he shipped and it arrived. Very good response time.A Great guy to do business with ! It is good to have people like this in this Forum!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  25. B

$30 Well Spent

:thumbsup: I just Paypalled Rick my $30 Membership fee. :D I am still a wannabe until he updates. Explorer Forum fits my style on getting info and help. I have already installed an overhead console and bought a M/C from a fellow poster and will install it with this Forums help :cool: To think...
Back