Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. DeLeSaAZ

Car Service, ESP to rescue!

I recently took my car into the dealer for regular maintenance (oil change, etc) and to have a door seal replaced that my dog tore up getting out of the car and to have that exhaust service done there was a bulletin about (not a recall). San Tan Ford called me the next day (I did a night-drop)...
  2. DeLeSaAZ

How to remove 3M double sided tape from window deflectors

I currently have the Ford OEM Window Deflectors / Window Vents on my '16 Explorer. I've never really been in love with them since I put them on, as I have the silver car with the top of the window line going down the car - the car window frames/pillars are black and make a nice clean line of...
  3. DeLeSaAZ

Ford OEM Running Board Install Instructions, 2011+

These are the install instructions for the OEM Ford Explorer Running Boards, 2011 and up (I put these on my 2016). It is just illustrations, not the easiest thing to follow, but once one side is figured out and done, the other side takes no time at all. These are for Ford Part #HB5Z-16450-AB...
  4. DeLeSaAZ

Does tinkering/adding this/that affect warranty OR ESP?

I bought my 16 Limited 9 months old, it has 24k miles (I drive maybe 10k year). We're looking at purchasing a 7 year Premium Care ESP - with the help of the Forum, Zeigler Auto Group so far seems to have the best rates for the Ford plan. If anyone has other suggestions, I'm more than willing to...
  5. DeLeSaAZ

Door Gaskets / Molding / Weatherstripping

For a car 9 months old when I bought it, all the inside door frame gaskets for the drivers door were not only totally flattened out, but cracked and ripped as well. I had my '13 Edge for almost 4 years before getting this Explorer and the only issue I ever had was the sunroof track (twice -...
  6. DeLeSaAZ

Low Battery...Accessories Shutting Down

I had an interesting issue a few days ago that I've never seen before - car computers are getting very Star Trek-ish! I've noticed the last few weeks that my 1 year old '16 Explorer Limited has sometimes taken more cranks than usual to turn over with the push button start. I'll admit, I was...
  7. DeLeSaAZ

Dealer refuses to install a used tire to replace a used tire.

The Reader's Digest version (short form) of my story: Why would a car dealer refuse to unmount one tire, different than the other 3, and remount the rim with a used tire the same as the other three tires. He said a smaller place "might" do it, like Discount Tire or Walmart. It's not like it's a...
  8. DeLeSaAZ

2016 Explorer Chrome Trim Rust / Tarnish

I've done some searches and I'm not finding what I'm looking for so I hope I'm not repeating this - but it sounds like something that would be common, so.... I have a 9 month old 2016 Explorer Limited. On the bottom of the door panels are slim chrome trim pieces, says Explorer on the front of...
Back