Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Electrical problems

Make sure you double check your fuses. You've got both boxes, one under the dash and the other under the hood. Sounds like that's your issue.
  2. M

Tail Light swap 3rd to 4th generation

I know this post is old, but the Explorer lights are actually shorter than the Mountaineer. I installed 3rd Gen on my mountaineer and the wiring was simple and they mounted with the same two screws. Had about a half inch gap on bottom, but looked good to me.
  3. M

Remote Start

Your next thing is to figure out what you want the system to do. Do you still want to carry your keyless remote as well as a new one for remote start or do you want the remote start to duplicate your original system to only carry 1 remote that does it all. Plus you've got visual confirmation on...
  4. M

Remote Start

You're absolutely right. Directed electronics makes Viper, Python, Automate, Avital, and Astrostart. Voxx makes Prestige and Codealarm. Compustar is big in colder areas. Omega makes good products as well. Some will say autopage but we had issues when we do business at the shop.
  5. M

How to: 4th gen hatch swap on 3rd gen Explorer DONE!!!

As long as the door mounts and seals properly, then anything else will be easy. I just haven't had the money to look for and do my own. Plus I moved to Alaska recently and the junk yards aren't as plentiful as in Texas. Surprisingly, my mountaineer doesn't have that Crack yet...lol.
  6. M

Remote Start

I have been professionally installing car alarms/electronics for over 15 years now and will tell you that as a diy'er, its not the easiest but if you have the right tools and mechanical/wiring knowledge it can be done. If you're going to be purchasing a system, don't waste your money on a no...
  7. M

How to: 4th gen hatch swap on 3rd gen Explorer DONE!!!

I was recently looking at doing the same thing. I've got an 04 Mountaineer and have done an Aviator interior swap and want to do the 06 style tailgate and Explorer front end. While browsing the junkyards, I did everything except the actual swap and appears all will work. You will need to use...
Back