Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2002 Mountaineer Liftgate Applique Panel

I did ask the seller and it is the part pictured and painted in that color. The seller just buys overstock items and does not know anything about the items. I did cross reference the paint colors and codes on the autobytel site but nothing matched up for 02-05.....the closest color to the...
  2. J

It is painted as pictured not primed. I was more inclined to purchase if the color as the same. It would be more of a plug and play part.
  3. J

I have tried to look everywhere and search part numbers but can't seem to find anything on the color of this part. Can someone point me in the right direction by looking at the attached link and let me know your thoughts if the color is mineral grey metallic. Thanks for the help...
  4. J

3rd Gen Guy needs some help

If u were to upgrade to the next gen mirror u can added a heated mirror and it will work
  5. J

3rd Gen Guy needs some help

The heated mirrors will function even if it was not an option on your vehicle.....they are pre-wired for it
  6. J

How to: 4th gen hatch swap on 3rd gen Explorer DONE!!!

I thought that the Canbus wiring started in the 06 models.....would there being anything Canbus related in that harness? The only lights would be the license plates lights which I thought would not ever throw an error anyway
  7. J

LED Flasher Relay

I purchased my flasher for my 02 mountaineer and all LED lights from Superbrightleds.com.....They all work great and no other modifications had to be made.....Some people have said that the flasher is really hard to get out. I did not have to remove any panels or the fuse box to gain access...I...
  8. J

That is what I figured....great write up..thanks.....:thumbsup:
  9. J

awesome thanks....what about with regard to the chrome trim?
  10. J

Does the trim on the interior match up properly or does it have to be heat molded and shaped?
  11. J

Looks great....nice work.....when u have some free time can you post the wiring differences....also does the chrome trim where the license plates lights and emblem are housed just screw or clip in? I have an 02 mountaineer but explorer hatches are more readily available.....I can always just get...
  12. J

Did you receive the hatch back from the painter? Have you begun the swap?
  13. J

Tail Light swap 3rd to 4th generation

Are the 4th gen mountaineer tail lights a direct swap to the 3rd gen?
  14. J

it seems like the going rate on average is about $400 for one in near perfect shape...with the additional cost to paint of course
  15. J

Middle seat in an Explorer/Mountaineer

i think that the leather is different from on the mountaineer depending on the trim levels/2 tone etc. and the explorer I believe is different altogether.
  16. J

Gen 4 mirrors on Gen 3 4 Door

Installed these today in about an hour or so.....they are plug and play with zero modifications as previously stated....the mirrors are bigger and actually allow a better view of sight
  17. J

02 mountaineer daytime running lights

The daytime running lights don't work in the automatic setting with the fog lights on or off....they are just always on
  18. J

No I can turn the parking lights and then pull out to turn on the fog lights
  19. J

It must be tied into something else somewhere....
  20. J

Fuse under the dash is good....the bulbs work bc they can manually be turned on and off
  21. J

It is making a clicking noise when the fog lights are turned on....I was at the junk yard and picked up 2 of the relays just to try all with the same result...any thoughts where the issue could be?
Back