Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

One thing after another.

I'm not seeking help this time around, just venting. My mom recently acquired a 2003 Sport Trac from a REPO lot so yeah, I knew it would have issues to deal with but, they keep adding up. First it was the drivers window not working. Pulled the panel and broke out the multi meter. Getting the...
  2. H

2003 Sport Trac Shift cable bracket near the neutral safety switch

Having a hard time shifting into park. I replaced the cable thinking that was the problem because the housing wouldn't clip into the lower bracket. The new cable won't either so, I'm thinking the hole in the bracket must be too worn. Does anybody know a fix or where I can get a new bracket?
  3. H

1997 Explorer Rear hatch/tailgate problem

I can't unlock the hatch manually or electrically. Tried to unlock it with the power unlock button.......no luck. Tried to unlock it with the key........no luck again. I can turn the key counterclockwise (lock position) and back to the neutral position again but, I cannot turn the key...
  4. H

1997 Explorer exterior lock/handle issues

Hi folks, The driver's door lock is acting up.. If I lock it from the outside with the key, I can unlock it with the key just fine but if I lock it by pushing the lock down then close the door, I can't turn the key to unlock it. I've inspected the mechanism and it does have some play so, I'm...
  5. H

1997 Explorer - Left rear door will not unlock.

I need to get the door panel off to fix whatever has gone wrong in there but, I need to get the door open so I can. The door won't unlock manually or electrically. It doesn't feel like anything is broken or disconnected. It feels more like something is stuck or binding. Pushing the button down...
  6. H

1997 Exlplorer xl v6 temperature gauge not working at all

I posted this last week but for some reason, it's not showing up so here goes again. The gauge isn't working at all. I found a test procedure on this forum to test the gauge itself and subsequently, the wiring........both seem to be fine. I don't think it'd be the thermostat because even a...
  7. H

97 Explorer coolant temperature gauge not working

The gauge doesn't move at all..........like it's unplugged. This one has a V6 and there are 2 sensors. One is a single wire sensor and the other is a 2 wire sensor. I've already performed tests on the wires for both sensors and in both cases, the gauge moved all the way to hot so, that SHOULD...
  8. H

2000 Explorer XLT power windows work with power off.

I tried searching the forum but, the page won't load for some reason. This one has me baffled. Key off, removed from switch, all doors open, dome lights on.......and the windows will still roll up and down with both the master switch and individual door switches. We probably never would have...
  9. H

Cruise control craziness

I've been reading through the existing threads and can't find a problem quite like mine so, here goes..... 2000 Explorer XLT, recently purchased, cruise control won't hold speed. The "cruise control" light would come on and stay on when I press the "set" button but, it would not hold the speed...
  10. H

Greetings From GA

Hello all, I personally don't own any Fords at all and to be honest, don't really know that much about them other than the basics but, my brother has recently purchased a 2000 Explorer XLT and my step mom just got a 1997 Explorer XL. Both have plenty of miles on them and have several minor...
Back