Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Stolen Sport Trac partial police chase

Some entertainment for you Sport Trac guys.... in soft on crime L.A. / risk to public the police back off temporarily.... interesting end...civilians apprehend thief.....most be Ford guy ..
  2. E

De-Bauering the Explorer

So finally got fed up with looking at the Clark Griswold / aka Eddie Bauer TAN trim....nothing SCREAMS 90's like having TAN fender flares, trim, bumpers! Tomorrow when tool arrives will then remove pin striping as well.....then to go over ravaged paint with Turtle wax Black Car Polish / crack...
  3. E

Any semi long term luck with cheap Ebay radiators ?

Any semi long term luck with cheap Ebay radiators ? Being the Sploddy isn't my daily I figure it wouldn't hurt to save some money (in an unstable financial situation now) and try a cheapy....probably don't even put 5K a year on her, and recently my semi local OFF ROAD PARADISE IS SHUT DOWN...
  4. E

Replacing fuel filler hose ...need to drop tank?

Is replacing fuel filler hose doable without dropping / lowering the tank? (Metal filler tube appears to be good and I'll probably leave / keep original vapor line/hose intact) ....so just want to replace hose.... (smell fuel leak when off-roading up / down steep hills.) Just remove wheel for...
  5. E

Anybody seen this rig / post on forum here before ?

Cool looking 2nd gen / custom paint and cool ELO classic song to boot.
  6. E

Home Depot - good place for SOME quality parts at great prices / free shipping

Just passing along....Next time you have a part number for a particular part... type in "Home Depot" in search first, then paste part description / part number after it in google search... Many times through their partners I've got the part for like 1/2 or 1/3rd of what the brick and mortars...
  7. E

Questions on determining what pulley is squeeling

Hey gang, So two days ago I had ZERO pulley noises and the next day at startup suddenly a non-stop OVER THE TOP LOUD screeching / squealing appeared.....removed belt off harm. balancer/crank pulley and no squeal from that, the two suspects are: Tensioner pulley/ mechanism -- could/ would the...
  8. E

FRONT tow bar at So Cal J.Y. ...will ship to you for reimb

I know these are impossible to find / purchase nowadays for our second gens....let me know if you want me to grab this up....$111 ( I know...pricey for junk yard) plus shipping... Would work great to mount off road recovery shackles too
  9. E

Anyone need rare FRONT tow bar ?

Came across one of these at J.Y. today.....I know you can't find them new anymore for OUR 2nd gens... Yeah, this place jacked up their prices so it's $111 ...it's at So Calif area so basically no rust.... Let me know if you want me to purchase / mediate / ship etc....just throw in $10 for gas...
  10. E

CROSS COMPATIBLE ? rear bumper

Hey gang, Will a rear bumper from a 99 4-door bolt on / work on a 2002 Explorer SPORT ? At a glance they look the same / very similar ...is it a perfect fit OR ..... Thanks.
  11. E

CENTER CONSOLE refresh Part II

So I did the cubby holder / cup holder sections with this special textured paint (put overcoat of clear coat for durability and cleaning surfaces without diminishing paint etc. Have new arm rest installed as well. Cup holder base inserts on their way too.... BEFORE and several AFTERS: (Gives...
  12. E

Dash bezel improvement

So recently decided to stop neglecting the inside of the Sploder, outside paints shot so whatever as far as exterior... had used this Rustoleum TEXTURED paint before on various projects / hobbies and love it.... anyway after detailing the interior area noticed the top of bezel stood out with...
  13. E

2nd Gen crossing river vid

This is the FIRST time I've seen a second gen (let alone any Explorer) in well known Asuza off road videos..... place in So Cal... almost brought a tear to me eye... See 18:00 / 18 minute mark: (Probably head over to this place myself in coming weeks)
  14. E

265 75 16 tires - no lift no rubbing

Hey gang, Searched on here with nothing definitive for this particular setup, so posting my results to help any future inquiries on this. As title states: 265 75 16 tires - no lift no rubbing. Granted I proactively did small cut on plastic bumper chrome piece, and appears it quite "possibly"...
  15. E

Front not engaging when put in 4x4

Hey gang, So front axle is not engaging when putting in 4x4 (immediate/low..surely auto as well).. The transfer case DOES engage but the mechanics/ or whatever is not connecting the front axle. I crawled under and pulled the vacuum line at the vacuum actuator / engage mechanism to see if that...
  16. E

Bizarro situation.... all door switches went bonkers and no crank /no dash lights /no accessory power

Hey gang, So was running fine one minute, no prior symptoms, came back out of store turned key (which now definitely seems to turn easier / less resistance) and all my door latches started going bonkers ...clicking on and off....then heard reciprocating tapping noise under battery (whatever...
  17. E

Cranks no start due to no spark...code reader not communicating with vehicle

Came upon fellow Sploder owner broke down on side of the road...('91...I have 95) .....pulled over to help >>> Cranks fine but no start due to no spark (which I determined)....My OBD1 code reader not communicating with vehicle....is this likely due to bad PCM / ECU on both issues ? Thanks.
  18. E

Anybody have these terminal ejectors / kits ?

Seem pretty cool / handy......(good advertising/targeting youtube).........my next must-have for tool collection...
  19. E

Another cheapo overseas ebay part - crash and burn

So put on BRAND NEW inexpensive overseas (china) EGR sensor and no resolution of issue CEL / code ... Went to junkyard and purchased 15 year old part (dusty but not 26 year layer :) - looks to be aftermarket but American made) and BLAM... issue resolved / CEL off and staying off... you win...
  20. E

Model of wheels...

Hey gang Does anybody happen to know ... can find out the model / part number of these wheels ? I think they really make the Splod / second gen look nice....
  21. E

Mint Sploder spotted today

I saw this one months ago....and came across today at another parking lot.... took pic this time.. The back hatch / rest is just as mint as what you see here.... near show-room perfect..
  22. E

Part number for front lic plate mount ...

Hey gang, Anybody happen to have part number for illustrated license plate mount / frame shown? ...XLT type bumper.... I'm sure I could hunt down a comparable "universal" one that would make do but...... last couple times at JY for other things none of Explorers there had these ...
  23. E

Will 98-2001 rear bumper mount on a 95-97 ?

Hey gang, Will 98-2001 rear bumper mount on a 95-97 without issues....mounting holes same / clearance etc ? Or are mods needed....
  24. E

When life gives you lemons make lemonaide

Came across this Explorer of all places on Dodge mini van fuel pump access thread... Anyway, guy needed decent vehicle cheap in a hurry and found this damaged (guess backed up into low hanging something) Explorer running great and rest in great shape for only $500 due to damage and customized...
  25. E

Chevy.... like a rock

I know this is our Ford site...but I use to be a Chevy guy.... so check this out: Happened the other day in Texas... Chevy needs to make a commercial out of this....
Back