Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Picture of the wife's Ex with my new DD, 2017 F350 Platinum.
  2. A

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

washed the wife's rig and took some pictures. I'll be busy washing the new truck this weekend, it showed up at the dealer yesterday...
  3. A

My dealer is up to it again

dealers are overly eager to sell new cars right now, I got a fantastic deal on my new F350 that I have on order.
  4. A

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

I inspected how it was made using a small mirror to see the backside and figured it out that way. I used part of the hardware but I drilled the two holes and treaded them to simply bolt up the bar's brackets.
  5. A

Went from 2013 sport to 2017, change in intake design/noise?

me either, but it sounds completely different than the previous 3.5 Ecoboost's that I've driven, and that's been quite a few. Everything ford makes with it other than a Flex and an MKT to be exact.
  6. A

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

with the last month's worth of snow I've been able to test the 255/60R18 Nokian's quite a bit in both deep snow, slush and ice as well as bare pavement and they get two thumbs up from me. I like the 255's as they are the same diameter as the factory 20" wheels so my speedo is correct and it...
  7. A

Went from 2013 sport to 2017, change in intake design/noise?

I've noticed that the 3.5 in our Sports have a deeper intake growl than my 2011 F150 EB had. I believe this is induction noise that is piped into the cabin as the new F150's sound like this and so did the Edge sport with the 2.7EB that I tried. I also tried a MKX 2.7EB and a Continental with the...
  8. A

it came with two arms, one for each side and it adjustable, all you need to do is drill two holes. I don't want to pop the lower grille out again unless I have to as I don't want to weaken the clips any by multiple removals. brackets look like this:
  9. A

new JLT Oil Separator

JLT has gotten back to me and they are sending the updated hose at no cost. Good service to say the least. I do know that while I ran mine I emptied it out about every second week and it was half full of sludgey oiley brown water.
  10. A

new JLT Oil Separator

I came here to post about my fuel vapour smell as well so I'm happy to see they are stepping up. I've got their products on my Mustang and was more than satisfied so I didn't think twice about who to buy from for the Ex. I've sent them an email to see if they will send me this alternate hose.
  11. A

I've run Rigid LED on my previous two trucks and have been very happy with around 6000-7000 Lumens with their driving beam pattern (similar to Black oak's Combo beam) but their pricing has continued to rize so I thought I would give someone else a try, Black oak came well recommended online and...
  12. A

I drilled two holes into the inner bumper structure, I had make sure there was nothing on the other side of it before hand. The lower grilled is only snapped in with a handful of clips so it pops right out, running the wiring harness for the lights down there is easy as well, overall the install...
  13. A

hi guys, no extra photo's of the install sadly. I'm bad at documenting a build! On the placement, higher is always better for more spread however I did not want these on my roof and that lower grille area was an easy install. I'm about 95% happy with the performance - I like the 20000 Lumen...
  14. A

no, but here's the same lightbar on my Kawasaki Mule, the yellow in the center is from the halogen headlights BTW.
  15. A

I do this on everything I add a light bar to, makes it easy to use and easy to install. Excuse the dirtiness, we just had a week of freezing rain with power outages that are still on going in parts of the province. It's clean now or at least as much as our winter roads allow!
  16. A

I've got one of these 20" Black oak light bars on my Side by Side and I'm very happy with it so I decided to add one to the Explorer. I mounted in the lower grille area, right on the inner bumper and wires the trigger on the relay to the high beams - its really the only time I use them anyways...
  17. A

2017 Explorer Sport - The new family truckster

it's 100% stock as far as the drivetrain goes, all mods are suspension related and lighting related. It get used a ton for towing my fifth wheel. the mustang and GN on the other hand are plenty modified.
  18. A

2017 Explorer Sport - The new family truckster

I see a trend here, I also bought an Explorer Sport for my wife, same as the OP!
  19. A

I'm putting a curved 20" Black OAK LED 200w lightbar behind my bottom grille, its getting wired to a relay with my high beams as the trigger. I have one on my Side by Side and its fantastic.
  20. A

the Sport handles different from my father's Limited, the steering is much more precise and less light feeling, that may be why you felt little difference. I can say that it handles and performs really well, we got 20cm's of snow yesterday and I got to test it out well. Also does not throw my...
  21. A

I wasn't willing to give up too much of the dry handling performance for the little difference in snow performance, plus IMO 255's on a vehicle this heavy isn't overly wide anyways. Lots of X5s, Q7's, RR's and such running around on 275+ wide winter setups with acceptable performance. That's why...
  22. A

i finally got my winter wheels and tire package in today, so I'm actually driving the Explorer now. Went with 255/60R18 Nokian Nordman SUV studded winters on 18x8.5 alloy wheels with TPMS sensors. they are extremely quiet and seem to grip extremely well, everything I've read about Nokian's had...
  23. A

Explorer Towing Capacity

Pretty much every vehicle out there has a pretty low limit when used without a weight distributing hitch, tongue weight comes in play. Towing anything heavier without a WD hitch would be a miserable experience with your Explorer anyways.
  24. A

Prerunner/Dual Purpose 94 Build

love the build! read the whole thing this morning. Makes me jealous that you can still find a 1st gen in that shape.
  25. A

new JLT Oil Separator

Just ordered one, my first mod! The JLT catch cans worked as advertised on my Mustang so I know what to expect.
Back